Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solid amber internet light

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Barrin734
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just recently purchased the 3 pack of cameras and base station for Black Friday. It has a constant amber internet light and camera light. I’ve port forwarded 443-80-123 and reset my router and base numerous times. Any other ideas to get it up and running?
6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Barrin734

You might need to contact your internet service provider's technical support and ask them if they can see anything on their end. Be sure that the base is plugged into the router and if you have a different Cat 5 or 6 cable laying around, try to swap the cable.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber Internet LED means the base has connection to the router but not the servers. That implies that something is blocking acces. It could be a setting in the router or something done by the ISP. Do you own the router or is it the ISP's? If yours, have you made changes to some security setting that would block a new device from accessing the Internet?

Barrin734
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got off the phone with the isp, according to them they can see it connected and all ports are open. Nothing on their end or any settings in my modem are blocking it.
brh
Master
Master

@Barrin734

There are so many things that could be causing this. Read this article to see how some people have solved it or at least it gives you some ideas for where to start.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/internet-is-there-but-arlo-won-t-connect/td-p/1050482

and this troubleshooting guide by Arlo

https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it

Make sure that your modem software or firewall is not blocking it. Also what modem and router are you using and who is your isp.

Brian

Barrin734
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve tried everything on that link, I even exchanged the base today for another one. I’ve completely disabled all security settings in my modem and forwarded the ports. My modem is a arris dg1670a from cableone
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the ISP owns this. Maybe they need to replace it. The other choice is that it's a configuration outside of your network that they would have to work on. Take the base to someone else's house and see if you get a green Internet LED then. It would be useful to try it with someone who also has CableOne as well as someone who has a different ISP.