Solar panel not charging

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GiBerrico
Follower
Follower

I am a first time consumer of Arlo cameras with solar panel, the company was recommended to me.

I am dissatisfied with the fact that one of my cameras had a problem from installation and I had to contact company and create a ticket troubleshoot…now the solar panel is not charging (2 issue) within 5 months….and after contacting Arlo again my panel was not replaced (still under warranty) because I did not have the serial number if panel….what ??, why ?? when the solar panel was not a registered piece of Arlo equipment from the beginning, it does not show up in my app nor did ask for any numbers when it was installed so why do I have to have someone to take the panel down prior to replacing the panel. If that is the criteria that Arlo has accordingly to the rep Paveen, then should it not have been registered within the app as are the cameras?? I sent the proof of purchase, even the photo of the box, so why do I go through further inconveniences before the warranty replacement is processed. This is inconsistent. I am strongly considering returning the entire system because there have been unfavorable situations and conditions when the product failed and now I required to do more that the company has done prior to product replacement. There are too many other camera systems out there

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GiBerrico,

Have you tried the Solar Panel troubleshooting steps listed in the follow article: https://kb.arlo.com/000045870/How-to-troubleshoot-Arlo-Solar-Panel-charging-issues

JamesC