Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slowdown in responsiveness on cameras on both WiFi and cellular data

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Max-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure what is going on but I have noticed a big slowdown in responsiveness on my cameras whether wifi or cell. Its really bad. Makes it painful to watch security footage. Or to simply delete garbage footage no longer relevant.

Anyone has any ideas?

Takes too long to do anything with it. Could be a local problem or system wide,, I am in west Florida near Ft Mayers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Max-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, the explanation is much simpler than using phone vs computer. 🙂

For the first time in years reached the limit on my data plan and the carrier slowed down my data to where it was nearly useless. After some thinking about it, it occurred to me that, that may be the issue, so I looked it up and yes that's what it was. My bad it had to do with not going on WiFi when available, and instead doing everything including Hotspot on the data plan. 

In short use WiFi whenever possible.

I hope it helps someone down the road with the same issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound like yr using a phone....

if so, test on a computer via the browser to see if still slow

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Max-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, the explanation is much simpler than using phone vs computer. 🙂

For the first time in years reached the limit on my data plan and the carrier slowed down my data to where it was nearly useless. After some thinking about it, it occurred to me that, that may be the issue, so I looked it up and yes that's what it was. My bad it had to do with not going on WiFi when available, and instead doing everything including Hotspot on the data plan. 

In short use WiFi whenever possible.

I hope it helps someone down the road with the same issue.