Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slow connection to cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rjschmitt
Initiate
Initiate

I have very fast internet service at 50mbps and had the Vuezone until they offered this to replace them and I foolishly took the hook. The VueZone Cameras worked perfectly and would connect to the app on the phone or computer in a instant. This Arlo is very slow to connect and takes almost 15 to 20 seconds to get a picture on the phone or computer.  I just timed it and it took 17 seconds to get a picture on the phone.  That is like a lifetime when you are waiting to see what is going on.  We need something to speed this up because it seems it is on Arlo's side.  

1 REPLY 1
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you have the time to read around the forum since you posted you probably already found that Netgear after frustrating there customers for 2 weeks has finally came out of hiding and admitted to having server problems. This is what is causing your issues. This is not the first time this has happened and if history dictates it won't be the last. I too came from trouble free Vuezone to this very frustrating, falsely marketed down grade of a system.