Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello!

So a local is selling an Arlo Pro 3 camera kit :
" Dual battery fast charger, black camera skin and tree hanging kit, 2-360 degree magnetic ball mounts, long outdoor charging cord so you can keep it plugged in ."

He says was purchased a few weeks ago.

I wanted to get a better camera than the crappy IP camera I have now.
How is this Pro system working out for you guys? I have seen some reviews but I want to hear from new feedback based on maybe firmware upgrades etc.

Also, is my understanding that I can access the cameras from my phone from anywhere without having to subscribe to any monthly fees. Is that correct?
Do you think any of this will go out on sale in Black Friday?
Any feedback is appreciated. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll certainly hear gripes, complaints and issues from many folks but you also have to realize that people who have well-running systems rarely post. I can say that in the 3+ years I've had various cameras, they've worked reasonably well. Yes, there have been and are problems but many of us don't experience the issues some have. That may be that we have set our systems up properly or are just lucky. Out of the apparent thousands (millions?) of systems out there, the number of issues reported here are rather small, percentage-wise.  I'm sure I'll get jumped on for saying all of this.

YMMV.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@jguerdat wrote:

You'll certainly hear gripes, complaints and issues from many folks but you also have to realize that people who have well-running systems rarely post. I can say that in the 3+ years I've had various cameras, they've worked reasonably well. Yes, there have been and are problems but many of us don't experience the issues some have. That may be that we have set our systems up properly or are just lucky. Out of the apparent thousands (millions?) of systems out there, the number of issues reported here are rather small, percentage-wise.  I'm sure I'll get jumped on for saying all of this.

YMMV.

Total BS because your post is misleading. There are hundreds if not thousands of people who are having problems after the update rarely post as well. What makes you think their systems are not set up properly? Because I don’t have the title “guru” my system is set up incorrectly? A lot of us have a near perfect system set up and problems started happening AFTER the update. It’s a no brainer that Arlo released an app full of bugs. 

Live streaming still does not work on my ipad pro 12.9” ios 12 and Arlo app ver 2.6.1

What iDevice are you using?