Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bitmip
Tutor
Tutor

A. Preface to how issues started

I was updating my schedule through the Android app because of the following:

• Tired of having to toggle between "always on" and "always off" modes. Flexible schedules require this.
  • Tired of waiting to see IF Arlo developers will include IFTTT support and geo-fencing possibilities. A feature like this is key for those with flexible schedules.
  • Using the app is easier to schedule than using a web browser because the app allows you to enter start and end times with greater precision. With the web browser interface, adjustment sliders disappear at the 12am in both IE and Chrome. Why not just allow users to key in precise start times and end times through the web browser interface?  

B. Issues

• Web browser interface (Chrome and IE latest versions)
  1. Unable to view live streaming. Live streaming of the cameras result in "connection failed" upon clicking "play"
  2. Unable to edit schedule. When clicking to activate Schedule, no calender appears in browser at all. 
  • Android app
  1. Unable to connect to base station. Mode tab finds base station, however app can not connect to base station. Loading bar just spins infinitely
  2. Unable to schedule. See above.
  3. Live streaming for the cameras is possible only through the app 

C. How issues started

The Android app would not allow me to enter an "always on" time for Sunday from start time 11:00pm to finish time 11:59pm displaying the message similar to "you can't put a finish time before the start time" which doesn't make sense in this case. 

I tired to schedule 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Touched "add". Then the Arlo Android app crashed. 

Upon restarting the android app I found the conditions as stated in the above section "Issues"

D. Attempted corrections

1. Tried to restart base station from web browser interface. Restart was successful however the issues still persist as stated in section "Issues".

4 REPLIES 4
bitmip
Tutor
Tutor

Bump

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

a faster way to get help is put in a trouble ticket with Netgear directly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DarrenM
Sage
Sage

Hello bitmip

Couple questions about what you have tested when you are trying to stream threw the web browser are you on a Laptop that is using wireless or is it a hardlined computer? the reason i ask this is if on wireless something could be causing you to have low bandwidth on your wireless network which could cause some issues with streaming video. The other thing I wanted to ask is when on your Android app are you using the wifi or your data connection i would try both to see if the issues are happening on both types of connections. I do have a couple things you can try first is the firewall settings on your router. You might want to temporarily lower the security settings on the router or temporarily place the base station in the DMZ to rule out any firewall restrictions. If you make these changes, power cycle your base station.

If that does not seem to fix the issue i would then try a factory reset of the base station.

To Perform a factory reset on your base station. 

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure. The factory reset removes the base station from the account. If your cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras again after the base station comes back online.

Hope to hear your feedback on this.

Thanks 

DarrenM

bitmip
Tutor
Tutor

I just did a factory reset. My scheduler came back to working order however see below for issues. 

When I did the factory reset, the cameras could not connect to the base station and showed offline even after trying to resync them. It wasn't until I deactivated the base station and then re-added the base station to my account that I could resync the cameras.

Next time when Netgear/Arlo suggest a factory reset, also include in the instructions that you have to deactivate the base station then reactivate the base station before you can resync the cameras. 

Thanks,