Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Setting up a USB local storage device - following Arlo instructions, but not working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Username999-999
Follower
Follower

Per Arlo's end of life policy for my product, I am trying to set up a USB local storage device per these instructions:

https://kb.arlo.com/1146857

Unfortunately I can't get to square one using these instructions, because I've tried multiple USB devices in my base station, and none of them is ever recognized by the app or the online site. I can see the base station just fine, but never any indication that any USB device is present.

Given that Arlo is sending these instructions to people who already fall out of the support window, you would think Arlo would at least provide support for these instructions. But no, they just say I am  not entitled to support, and expect "the community" to do Arlo's work for them. For which I apologize.

If anyone can help troubleshoot this, I would be most appreciative. FWIW, my USB device is formatted correctly (FAT32). And I have tried more than one device.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What base or hub do you have? Not all support local recordings. Look at the sticker on the bottom for VMBxxxx.