NEW UPDATE 4.5

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have Android phone, upgraded the app to the new 4.5 version, so support from India was the standard stuff, which did not help, was to e mail me detailed steps but never did. Trying to schedule each camera to come on and off at different times.  So tap routines on bottom of screen, Modes and Automations pops up, tap automations, schedules pops up, but shows the word when, then tap that and Sunrise and Sunset pops up with create custom schedule, with the week days showing in circles, can not find where it states start and end time and the part that looks like a spread sheet with time on the left side and the days above in green.  Can not find it in the manuals.  My friend can do it on his Iphone, but then forgets how to do it.

tks,

feng shui

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, are you reading the FAQ on this?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062942/How-do-I-add-a-Schedule-Automation-to-my-Arlo-system

Next. you don't create a start and stop in one schedule - you create one to set a mode and then another to set a different mode, etc. Each schedule does one thing.

fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

What I am trying to do is in an Android phone is have a camera, say the camera that is watching my car, start recording at 8 A.M., and stop recording at 2 P.M., the same day.  The Arlo app in Android,

lets me go to automations, then schedule, I get to the point where it shows sunrise and sunset.  I can tap either one and set a time with the day of the week, with an action.  So, then it shows let's say Sunrise 8 A.M., and Sunset 2 P.M.  It does not tell me what is start time or stop time.  It does in an IOS phone, also in the IOS,  you can tap something and have each hour show up on the left side of the screen with the days above, like a spread sheet, tap the first cell in green and select the time 

from start to finish. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to NOT use sunrise/sunset but use the custom schedule by selecting the days you want and then the time you want it to start.

fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will try this again.  Have 3 Pro 4 cameras and 4 Ultra 2s, one hub.  To schedule the Pro 4 to start recording at say 7A.M. and to stop recording at 2P.M., in the same day.  They are connected directly to the wi-fi and not a hub.  I tap routines, then modes and automations pops up, tap automations, then Schedules shows tap, then shows when with time and what day of the week, below that shows what action a camera is doing, below that say add action.  It does not say edit with the green pencil symbol and can not find start time and stop time words.  I have an Android phone, but notice that on an I phone it shows the words start and finish times, with the green pencils.   Are the procedures different between the Android and I phone?  If the cameras start at 9:00 A.M. and stop at 5P.M. everyday, how to just change the 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. 

Thanks

Feng Shui

fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

That I see, but how do you put in the stop time?  Is there a different procedure between I phone and  the Android and symbols?

Thanks

Feng Shui

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't use a stop time - you create another schedule that uses a different mode (including Standby) at a different time. Each one starts at the time specified.