Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting motion detection video clip duration times to 60 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
labladydi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to be able to set camera times separately. How can I do this?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if you mean different times for each camera, then no as the is set in the base.

If you mean different TIME SCHEDULES for each camera , yes you can.  After you make a Rule ( which camera and tells what the camera does ) and then a Mode ( tells what rules are active ) you can schedule them.

You may have to make a couple of extra Modes to include or exclude the cameras you don't want ( as you can only run ONE Mode at a time )

If you describe exactly what you want to do, someone will more than likely, give you a more exact method to do what you want.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Scatrowl
Aspirant
Aspirant
How long do my camera's stay on when the detect a motion it was 0 to 90 seconds. I want ours on for at least a minute when the detect a motion
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Scatrowl,

You can edit the duration of how long the camera will detect motion by following the steps below:

1. Log into your Arlo account
  2. Click/Tap on Mode
  3. Click/Tap the Edit /Pencil Icon                                                                                                                                                        
  4. Click/Tap Edit inline with the desired camera name                                                                                     
  5. Click/Tap the Edit /Pencil Icon under Then do the following inline with Record Video                                                
  6. Drag the slider to the desired duration                                                                                           

You will repeat these steps for each camera that needs adjusting.

Thank you for your contribution to the Arlo Community!

Best Regards,

Christine 

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
paidin
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I set the recording duration to 60 seconds, there is no save button.  When I go back out and back into the camera recording time settings, it reverts back to the default 10 seconds.  Could you please let me know how to save the time settings?

Thanks!

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

(from the web client)

After you set the recording time, click on the green text that says "back" and then hit the "save" button.  This works for me.

Note that the recording duration is per camera, not per mode (despite the way it appears).  So if you change "camera 1" recording duration, for example, to 30 seconds, it will change the "camera 1" recording duration in all modes.

ellenripley
Aspirant
Aspirant

What's the maximum clip length? From your screenshot it looks like it's around 120 seconds, but can you please clarify? Thanks

manfredz
Hero
Hero

slider goes to 120 sec max recording time.