Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo email alerts no longer working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Brina
Tutor
Tutor

My email alerts have stopped working.  They have been working fine for 6 months.  I've read some of the other notes, and I did check my junk email and any blocked addresses.  I tried resetting equipment, uninstalled and reinstalled software app. The units do activate with motion, and it does store the video clips.  They just don't send a message alert anymore. Looking for other possible suggestions.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's possible it's your email provider blocking the emails. It's happened before. Power cycle the base. Also, check your modes and rules to verify that email notifications are still set. What mode are you using?
Brina
Tutor
Tutor

I have recycled the power on the base unit, and the units are in the "Armed with Motion Detection On".  With that the units are checked to send and email alert and the email address is correct.  As far as the provider blocking the email, not sure if I can get a person to verify that.  Perhaps I'll plug in another email address to the camera alert and see if it sends something that way. That will probably be quicker and easier to confirm.
Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All Motion On is a problem all by itself.  That's a mode that should have been removed over a year ago when there was a major update to the software.  Do you also have an Armed mode?  If so, use that.  If not, the best course of action is to reset the system and start fresh.

Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices.  Open and close the battery doors and power cycle the base.  Add the base using the Add Device button on the Devices tab and sync the cameras.  Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Update the firmware if prompted.  Your modes should be only Armed, Disarmed and the schedule (also Geofencing if using a mobile device). See if this gets things going properly.

Brina
Tutor
Tutor

With going into settings and changing the email notification to a different email address, it started sending the alert.  I changed back to the original email address and it is continuing to send email alerts when it detects motion. So, right now it appears to be functioning properly, and I'll have to watch and see if it will keep working.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

maybe before you had a typo you didn'tnotice

Brina
Tutor
Tutor

That is a pretty poor response.  Why the heck would it work for 6 months just fine.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

because some glitch occurred that screwed up your email address.  Just speculation on my part mind you. Other possibilities come to mind but not in possition to prove or disprove.  And kind of unimportant if it's working again and continues to work.