Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All Motion detection and single camera daytme schedule do not stay active every 24 hours.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all, and sorry if this has been covcred.

I have 3 Wireless Arlo Cameras set up, one monitors front of prorpety and is only a daily schedule from 6am to 8pm.

Then all 3 Cameras are set to come on all monition setting from 8.02pm to 6.58am.

That is the schedule I have chosen.

For the past month or so. Soemtimes it is the Day schedule camera that is not etecting mpotion. Happened this afternoon.

Or it is all or 1 or 2 during the night, I am not sure eactly as I am of course not up al night.

I have reset Base Station and resynsched all cameras to it. Problem is very random.

Is there a firmware update I am missing. My current firmware for Base Station is 1.8.1.1_10234

For Camera's it is 1.2.10342.

Any sugegstions wlecomed.

Thanks

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi and thanks for reply,

Yep that is what I have done,and surpirse to me, is I no longer have all motion as an option.

Just armed or scheduled.

Cheers

Phil

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did you mean all 3 cameras are active from 8:02am to 5:58am?

Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, thanks fotr reply.

No only 1 ( (front) camera is active all day based on a schedule set.

Other two come on (with front one) at 8.02pm and go off schedule in ealry morning.

Wel that is how they are scheduled and system siwtches from schedule montion to al day motion based on that time schedule.

Snashots below should help. although is possible problem is now it should of switched to al motion or ?

Is problem thsat motion is sstayin gomn the schedule and not goign to All Motion, although as you see form 3rd picture al 3 are currently on motion sensor.

Arlo snapshot.jpg

Arlo schedule details.jpg

Arlo schedule details.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can't see the images yet since they have to be approved for general consumption.  So I'll just take a swing at things without them.

First, maybe it's a typo but you say your schedule is for the front camera to be on from 6AM to 8PM but that all cameras are on from 8:02PM to 6:58AM.  That would mean there's an overlap on the schedule in the morning between 6AM to 6:58AM which isn't possible.  Do you actually mean 7AM instead of 6AM?  Minor issue, just trying to have the full picture.

Second, you seem to be saying that you're using a mode named All Motion On although you don't explicitly say that.  If this is true, that may well be part of the problem since that's a mode that should have disappeared over a year ago when Armed became the default mode. Use of All Motion On has been problematic since the changeover with a number of issues.  Do you have a mode named Armed?  That would be the proper one to use or create your own custom mode instead.

Third, your firmware is out of date, too. You say you've reset the base - how did you do that?  The current procedure is to use the reset button alone until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Setting, My Devices and start fresh using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  That should then offer the firmware updates for both the base and the cameras.  However, apparently somehow upload speed is an issue for firmware updates although we're not sure why.  Test yours at http://speedtest.net and verify that you're at least at the minimum of 1Mbs for the upload speed.

Keep us posted!

Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi and thanks fo reply and information.

Rats and I thought I was doing right thing making photos's smaller.

Ah well.

1/ There is no overlap in schedule.

2/ Yes I do have Armed option but also the al motion one. Firmware obviously out of date.

Removed motion form any schedule, now armed instead. And stil single day daytime for front cmaera.

3/ I turned powered off of cased stations and resynsched all cameras. 

4/ Inetrnet speed is 100mb down and 2.4 up. No issues there.

This time I restart the base station through My Arlo and see if firmare updates. I am suspsicous the Window s10 Microsft Edge browswer doesn't work as wel with these devices than FIrefox or Google chrome does. Not sure why. But even my Iphone 6 App al of today has shown one cmera not conencted and it is low on battery but 25% is not that low surley. No rechargable ones eitehr.

I just restart base station using App and web browser, now it says 2.2.1 but I stil have mpotion as an option.

What actually is the latest firmware for base station, bit hard to find that on Netgear site.

Cheers

Phil

Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Update to last reply.

After manually takeing power out of Base sttaion twice and setting that up again, now firmware is

Version
2.3.1.853_15990
Released
02/21/17

Looks better.

Yet I stil have al motion as an option.

Hmm

Cheers
Phil
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're looking at the app version.  You need to look in Settings, My Devices, your devices, Device Info for firmware versions.

Current firmware:

Original base - 1.8.1.1_10234

Original wireless camera - 1.2.10342

Pro base - 1.8.2.4_10232

Pro camera - 1.090.0.1_11011

You should be able to delete the All Motion On/Off modes to ensure they don't get used.

Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi again, thanks for reply.

Well nothing I have done is updating Base station firmware.

1/ Restart base station from within My Arlo..

2. Powered Unit off and on but power button.

3/ Reset the base station using the reset button in hole on back.

I still have this version of Firmware for base station.

Firmware 1.8.1.1_10234

Any other suggestions or ideas I can try or is possibly Base station faulty?

Kind of strange BTW that unlike Netgear Routers, one cannot download a firmware update and install it.

Thanks

Phil

Spoiler

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reread the versions I posted.  It appears that you have an original (not Pro) base so you have the latest firmware.

I think the best thing to do is to actually reset the base (you mentioned you just power cycled it). Note all settings, modes, rules and schedule.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Open and close battery doors. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  That should clear out the old modes and give you a fresh start.  Something seems off so the fresh start should help.

Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi and thanks for reply,

Yep that is what I have done,and surpirse to me, is I no longer have all motion as an option.

Just armed or scheduled.

Cheers

Phil