Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting Of 'Best Video Quality VS Best Batteries In The App

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dear Arlo

Is there a chance that you'll ever release a stable version of the app?

The newest issue I've discovered is that it's impossible to get the setting 'best video quality' to stay on - it reverts back to 'best battery life' all the time.

Please fix this and don't try to touch anything else, as from my experience you do more damage than good.

Hope you can find a quick fix to the above.

4 REPLIES 4
Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also, what's the point in having the 'record for a fixed period of time' option to be activated or not by checking the box if changing it, then saving (on both screens) does absolutely nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm finding that use of the app results in setting the video quality causes it to stick. Don't use the web to check or set this.

The record until motion stops depends on the camera being able to detect motion, not your eyes. Since motion for these cameras is about 20 feet for people, the distance, amount of motion and the sensitivity setting all plays into this. It's not a setting for every situation - sometime (many times) timed recordings are a better choice.

Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for your response. I've also discovered that the quality of the video is worse, if the option, paradoxically, 'best video quality' is selected, than the 'best battery life'. How this company can get away with these little but annoying issues - and do nothing to improve the situation - is really beyond my comprehension. Could someone, preferably an Arlo employee, enlighten me?

Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another issue is that I get a message 'the media server has intentionally stopped responding' in the camera view window, when the camera is recording, on my Android app. I think there should be a pinned thread where folk will post issues and Arlo will subsequently use it to fix them. Or maybe not, judging from the number of issues that arise with every app update.