Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
vstreet
Follower
Follower

how do you connect the device to the same wi fi network as the base station

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

vstreet wrote:

how do you connect the device to the same wi fi network as the base station

More info as to what your trying to do??

But as a guess,

The base station connects via ethernet cable to your current router/switch ( which is connected to the internet )

The base station sets up its own wifi network to connect to the cameras....you can only ( at this point ) connect/sync  cameras to the base station.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello VStreet,

I believe you may be referring to how to connect your smartphone, tablet or computer to your home network. Let me see if I can guide you in the right direction.

If you are attempting to use a mobile device to register your Arlo Smart home system you will need to go to your smart phone device settings > Networks (network settings) > Select Wifi > Find the network name (SSID) of your location in the list of available wireless networks > Enter network passcode when prompted. You will need to start the activation process over once you’re connected to the same network. If your phone is only connected to the cellular network the Arlo Base station serial number cannot be discovered since the two devices are on separate networks. If you need further assistance please let me know and I will do my best to help you.

The Arlo Team

David S.