Set up

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Edaldye
Follower
Follower
I am getting the below error when trying to set up my account. The base station is hard wired to my router and the my mobile device is connected to the router's WiFi. Any ideas?

You have to be connected to a WiFi network to install your Arlo device. Make sure your mobile device or computer and the Arlo device you are installing are connected to the same WiFi network so we can discover your Arlo device.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start with a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back until the LEDs flash amber.  See if it works then.  If not, try a browser (you can use the browser on the phone if you set it to use the desktop version in the browser's menu).  If still no-go, what are the LEDs on the base showing?  Should have the power and Internet LEDs as green.

gloriacandy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started the set up and it freezes. I have tried several times and does the same. Help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you mean by freezes.  However, it may be best to use the reset button until the LEDs flash amber to clear things out.  Make sure your phone is on the same WiFi as the network that the base is on (if you're trying to use the app for setup).