Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tjv1988
Initiate
Initiate
Just got Arlo and im sick of it already..it says once again that session has expired log back in..like no..it keeps kicking me out. Only me and 1 other person are able to access that system. Anyone else having this problem? Again? Seems like a few weeks ago they released a statement about this happening but it got resolved..guess it didn't
191 REPLIES 191
Shelleyp
Star
Star

I've had the session expired happen frequently the last month. This is more than just a serious inconvenience.

We've had problems with tresspassers. I was wakened a week ago at 1:30 in the morning because of motion around our back door. I go to look at my app to see what was happening and guess what happened?

I had to screw around with login when the situation could have been dire. Luckly it was only a neighborhood cat, but what if it had been someone trying to break in?

Fix this problem Netgear.

Note that this has happened with a Samsung S7 edge, and a Galaxy Tab 2 tablet. 

EvaD
Tutor
Tutor

yes i manage to log back in ok, but this is frustrating, my issue is this shouldnt be happening, i want to stay logged in.  I cant just go down the road to where the system has been set up on the property to do a suggested "uninstall then re install" process because its 3hours away.  i find im waking 2-3 times in the middle of the night to log out, then log back in because the session has expired. I bought this product to give us peace of mind but its actually tiring and frustrating my mind 😞

Please fix, lots of sleepless nights  

slkish
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have installed the latest update of the app and I am having the same issues like everyone for the last few days. The app session keeps expiring and I have to keep logging in.
Kunkle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Apps keeps logging off. Very annoying please fix. Galaxy 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a fix but an easy workaround:

When the app starts and gives you the "session expired" message, use the phone's multitask button (the one with a couple of rectangles overlapping). Look for Arlo, which should be on top, and click the "X" on the top right of the Arlo section. Reopen the app and it will work fine. Takes only a couple of seconds once you've tried it.

smb7
Aspirant
Aspirant

This issue has been going on for at least 10 days straight. Calling customer service is a water of time! What if anything is Netgear doing to resolve this issue? 

lyang
Initiate
Initiate

Me too here. This annoying "your session has expired" keeps happening in recent days, which has been no problem for months. Uninstalled, reboot, and re-install arlo pro from google play w/ the latest version. No help.

Given it has been run very well for months, it seems a software issue. Please fix.  

NINJER
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear fixes one thing, breaks another.

They really need a local wifi connection without needing to log into their cloud service like philips hue and their hue bridge connection on local wifi.

slkish
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks jguerdat!! That works. As you said not a fix but definitely a workaround and much quicker than having to log in every time. Much appreciated!!
meamcool
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine keeps logging off as well. It's seriously peeving me off. Samsung Note 2
Wirechuck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone heard anything yet?

this is driving me nuts....I constantly have to restart my phone.

i cannot find a customer service number.

Millie706
Star
Star

It's ridiculous that you would have to restart your phone to be able to access your library.  There's a little line saying your session has timed out, please log in, but there's no place to LOG IN. This just started four or five days ago.  Come on..Arlo..did you 'upgrade' us into hell?    I would like an Arlo employee to let us know what is being done to fix this glitch.

Millie706
Star
Star

I've uninstalled the app on my smartphone and reinstalled and it's still telling me 'your session has timed out, please log in'.  No place to log in. 

Millie706
Star
Star

I thought you were onto something!  But it's back telling me my session is timed out.  I get it going by restarting but who wants to do that all day?

Millie706
Star
Star

Arlo support..I really don't care about kudos or badges.  Just tell us when the fix is going to happen or let me know if I should I go on and return this .  I can't be turning my phone on and off all day and since this problem of 'your session has timed out' just began when y'all did an upgrade, obviously something on YOUR end is the problem. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the multitaks button on the phone and click the "X" at the top right of Arlo. Start the app normally. No need to restart the phone. It's a workaround, not a fix, but only takes a few seconds.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On Android, use the multitask button at the bottom of the screen. Click the "X" at the top right of Arlo. Restart the app normally.

iOS should have something similar.

Nervoso
Guide
Guide

My app keeps logging me out, this wasn't an issue until recently. I did recently move from Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus to an S9 Plus.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Arlo Android App version 2.4.9_20031
Android Version 8.0
Build# R16NW.G960USQU1ARBG

lynette35
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our Samsungs are stating "session expired" each time we go to set the system on our Galaxy S7 and S4mini.
This has occured constantly for the past week, intermitently before then. Am I correct in assuming Netgear has a problem with the app?
Are the any solutions other than restarting the phones (which isn't a solution)?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check out the link I posted just before your post?

Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Hey JamesC, as others here have pointed out, the Android app version 2.4.9_20031 doesn't completely solve the problem.  If the app is left idle for more than some amount of time (>= 30-45 minutes) the "session expired" message pops up the next time it's opened.  The workaround for that (as others have mentioned) is to clear the app activity and relaunch it.

Clearing app data and/or reinstalling doesn't solve this.

It appears that the "Arlo cloud update" missed some obvious QA tests on NETGEAR's side and hopefully this lesson is learned for future updates.

- Mark

Nervoso
Guide
Guide

I agree with Mark, it would be nice to see acknowledgment, confirmation that a bug has been filed with the dev team, and an ETA for a fix.

Millie706
Star
Star

Samsung Galaxy..don't know where the multitask button is and if you mean the center button at the bottom of the screen...there's no X to the right of Arlo.  HOWEVER..someone upthread said to do 'force stop'..I did that just now and ta daa...the 'session has timed out ' message is gone and I'm back in business.  We'll see how long that lasts.  None of this is solving the problem tho.  Arlo, what's wrong with you..get this fixed.

Millie706
Star
Star

All the 'force stop' does is keep you from having to restart your device..but it doesn't last...you have to keep doing it .  crap.