Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tjv1988
Initiate
Initiate
Just got Arlo and im sick of it already..it says once again that session has expired log back in..like no..it keeps kicking me out. Only me and 1 other person are able to access that system. Anyone else having this problem? Again? Seems like a few weeks ago they released a statement about this happening but it got resolved..guess it didn't
191 REPLIES 191
tj1209
Guide
Guide
I believe that's what happened to me also. It started happening after the update.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

As you can see from the forum posts, there have been some ssytem problems the last few days. Some people have uninstalled and reinstalled the app after updating and that fixed it. Give it a try.

TOOMUCHSTUFF
Guide
Guide
OK, I,'ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. Should know later tonight if that fixes it. If it does, I'll do the wife's phone.
TOOMUCHSTUFF
Guide
Guide
Well, tried Arlo again about 9:40pm but got the same message that my session had expired. Had to do a restart on the phone to get it to work again. Guess reinstalling the app didn't fix my problem. Any other ideas?
tj1209
Guide
Guide
Thanks for trying and being our test subject. I'll wait a few days to see if Netgear does a fix hopefully.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I have no other ideas, sorry. That's what fixed it for me. Hopefully netgear fixes the issues they are having soon.

bib25
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine does it to the only way it keeps me logd in is by using it right off the play store it takes me to arlo app and i hit open so far worked all day for me any other way just says session expires what a pain i called but i think thay dont know what thay did after the update on thursday 

cristaS
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, this is my situation exactly. I've had the system over a year and never had a session log out due to inactivity until now. I deleted the app the other day and reinstalled the latest version to fix another ongoing arlo app issue, and now this session expired issue appears. The app is useless to me if I can't stayed logged in all day so that I get the notifications when one of the cameras is activated.

BTW, the other issue, the reason I reinstalled the app in the first place, is one that has been there forever and many have complained about, and arlo has still not fixed it: the app says that one or more of my cameras are offline when they aren't. I still get notifications when those cameras are activated and the footage is recorded, but I can't access the feed for the camera because arlo days it's offline. I've found no way to fix this problem. Deleting the app and reinstalling the latest version fixes it for about a few minutes and then back it goes to broken.
captainstk
Initiate
Initiate

I have contacted support 3 TIMES - three times no resolve - cleared all cache and cookies, deleteed and reinstalled chrome, went incognitto, went firefox - NOTHING. Followed all instruction on this site NO GO>

Paid about a grand for this  system and cannot access it on my desk top. 

What the hell good is a security system if you cannot access it 

In lay mans terms - I am totally PISSED off and wish I had never bought this sytem that is plaged with problems -- I intend to find every web site that sells this junk and make sure everyone knows to avoid buying this system -- DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

ARLO _ get off your ass and FIX THIS 

Ridiculous

Ttttt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Arlo session expired message every other day. And just when Im about to activate the alarm, in a hurry on my way out the door...

Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

There are many many people with this same problem.   It appears to have existed since an app 'upgrade' about 2 or 3 weeks ago.  If one looks at the app reviews there are many complaints and also on this forum many complaints.

I am rather surprised that a company of the standing of Netgear has allowed all these queries and complaints to go unanswered.  I would have expected at least a brief reply or official notice to say that they were ' working on it '...

One writer claimed that upgrading to the very newest app version 2.4.9_20031 ' solved ' the problem.

It did also for myself, but only for a few hours and then back to the same problem..

You could try this perhaps yourself.??

Since there is no reply from Netgear / Arlo  I intend to do some further investigations myself and will report back.

billws
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone or does anyone know the answer to this problem? It is just a problem,If I dont find out soon I will return the dam thing. I made the misteak of buying the three pack

Twinkle
Star
Star

Note; there are two other discussions under "Session Expired...Again" and "Arlo keeps logging me out".

I installed my system is Feb 2018 and never has a problem until the new version was released on Mar 14, 2018. I called Arlo, have a case number--was told to call back on 3/17 or 3/18. I uninstalled app several times- not a FIX.

This also happened in May and July 2017--search this Arlo website.

You would have thought that since has happened twice before-ARLO would have a permanent fix by now.

PLEASE FIX.

Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had realised that this app software bug could have been due to a cookie or data history on the Android phone.

I therefore deleted ALL cookies and all old data on my phone.  Then I uninstalled the app and removed all batteries from the Arlo Pro cameras, and disconnected the Arlo Q camera.

Next I reinstalled the Arlo app from the Google Playstore and opened it.

This showed all cameras offline, and so I put power to the Arlo Q and waited ten minutes and opened the app.  I checked that the camera was working with a live stream.

Then I worked through the Arlo Pro cameras the same way, doing each camera in turn.

All cameras were now working normally.

What I do not however understand is how the schedules that I set up previously, and also the Geofencing that I also previously set up STILL REMAIN IN THE APP.??

Where is this data stored.??   Previously I had already deleted all cookies and all old data..!!

Is the data for scheduling and Geofencing on the Netear / Arlo servers, or have I missed something.??

AFTER A LOT OF SEARCHING ON THE FORUMS I DID FIND THIS ENTRY.

This appears to confirm my idea that this must be a stored cookie or data in memory problem.

It is also confusing since this thread dated 2018-03-15, is talking about this subject, but in relation to a fingerprint log-in issue.  The heading is:-

‘Android "Your session has expired. Please log in." error only when using fingerprint login’

Message 10 of 29 dated ‎2018-03-15 has the following details supplied by a Netgear moderator named James C.

‘ For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting this in your url bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If using Firefox, follow the instructions listed here: How to clear the Firefox cache

If using the mobile app, check the app store and be sure you have the latest version available downloaded and installed.

You should then be able to log in.

JamesC

Message 10 of 29

………………………………………

Thus far everything appears now to work normally with my Arlo camera set up after I deleted all cookies and old data on the phone..  I won’t give details on my methods since all Android phones are different, some with supplier ‘Bloatware’ and some with varying Android versions.  Google has the answers on the various methods.

If anything fails I will return to these pages.  In fact I will return anyway after 24 hours just to be sure, and to report a fail, or now working.

Message 4 of 29 has this quote  "Our engineers pushed an update on our Arlo server and this unexpected issue occurred."..

In light of the numerous problems caused apparently by this app upgrade, I do think that Arlo needs to have a clearly visible ‘Pinned Post’, so that customers can easily see the solution to this software bug.  The hardware is clearly first class, but if the software is poor the product is then a failure.

Also, hopefully someone more knowledgeable that this amateur, can solve the questions that I raised above.

DaveW-NC
Star
Star

Yes, same issue here. That last update appears to have done it. I'll be a little patient and wait for the fix, but this app is more plagued with issues than most apps, and that's not good for one that you are using for security monitoring. I'm a software developer and am working the weekend to fix issues we have (not released yet though). I wonder if the Arlo guys are working.

The other major failure in the system is that when their server goes down, you can't access the system to change your settings. So if a particular setting was disabled, you can't enable security. Or, if you have a setting in which motion detection and alarms are on, you can't disable that. So, if I'm away and my wife or kids come home and I can't disable the alarm ... This is a poor design. You need to be able to remotely control your system without the server being online.

I like the way the system works, otherwise, but these major flaws could cause a mass exodus from NetGear. I hope these guys learn from these mistakes and fix things before everyone is gone.

Jayaretea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm seeing the same thing, inactive for awhile and it makes me log back into the cell phone app.  Started a couple of days ago.  Interestingly, my wife isn't having this problem.  I don't know if she got the update or not but she is using under the Grant Access under her own account.  I'm on Android using app version 2.4.9_20031 released 03/14/18.

Edit: Just checked my wife's phone and she is using the same version of the Android Arlo app.

DennisEQuinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently my Arlo keeps logging off my Android phone for no reason.  To log back in I have to restart my phone, this is not very efficeint, intuitive, or user friendly.  This happens several times a day.  VERY frustrating!  Why is this occuring?  What is your fix for this?  Previously I had no problem with the system logging on/off, which occurred only when I chose.  Could this be as a result of a recent app update?  How do you plan to fix this?  If there is no fix, I will cancel my service and seek one from a reliable provider.  What's the use of having a paid sercurity service if you can't access it, or rely on it?

Kleible
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Samsung S7. I keep getting logged out multiple times a day. Have to force my phone to be able to log out. This all started when they did update March 14th. No problems before that. Arlo you need to get this fixed. I have the current version. I am still being logged out multiple times a day. So frustrating.
TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

In the Android settings/apps/Arlo I just checked Arlo app- "Permissions" appeares the update turned them all OFF by default. I turned permissions all on and it has not timed out, at least in the past hour. Fingers crossed that it is fixed. Stay tuned

OmLancer
Initiate
Initiate
Last several days the app on my phone keeps saying Session Expired. Please log in. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled app, restarted base and it will work for a short time. Was working for about a month
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now, the fastest/easiest way is to force close the app and try again.

Jlew4
Star
Star

I've checked my permissions, still good after the update.  However, the "TIMEOUT" issue is STILL happening even after trying the 'fix' they suggested (clearing cache).  THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!  ARLO?????

Jlew4
Star
Star

THIS "FIX" OF CLEARING THE CACHE DOES NOT FIX THE TIMEOUT ISSUE!!!!!!

EvaD
Tutor
Tutor

Paid a grand and a half for this system for security purposes.  Our property that we got this system for is out of town and i need the system to be on all the time because this home was broken into.  Seems like a waste of our money because we keep getting logged out and not getting any notifications,,, ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DaveW-NC
Star
Star

Not sure if this has been said or not, but if you Force Stop the app, you can log in again. Also, I do get notifications even when it's in the can't-log-in state.