Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tjv1988
Initiate
Initiate
Just got Arlo and im sick of it already..it says once again that session has expired log back in..like no..it keeps kicking me out. Only me and 1 other person are able to access that system. Anyone else having this problem? Again? Seems like a few weeks ago they released a statement about this happening but it got resolved..guess it didn't
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update along with an update for the Android Arlo mobile app has been released that should resolve this issue. Please visit the app store and be sure you are up to date on the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App: Release Notes - Android App 2.4.10 - 26th March 2018

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

191 REPLIES 191
Sless
Initiate
Initiate
Using Arlo Pro system
My Arlo App on my android devices continues to log out. My login is my fingerprint, when I go to login using my fingerprint it says session expired. My wife is having the same issue, she does not use her fingerprint she uses our password.
On my iPhone this is NOT an issue. I've used my fingerprint to login for the last 12mo+ with no issue.

Apps are current on Android. Issue has occurred on Samsung GS7, GS8 and GS8 Active.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running an S7 and using fingerprint lock too, don't see the issue.

Make sure your not signing out in settings, just put to background.  If all settings are good, I'd un-install and re-install the app to see if it makes a diff.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not using fingerprint for Arlo (I use it to unlock but don't need an extra step for Arlo) but I've had a rash of "session expired" messages on various devices. Since I wasn't using fingerprint, all I had to do was tap the screen to clear the message and it logged me in. They seem to have settled down.

Charlie360
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm seeing exactly the same problem since yesterday, doesn't allow the quick fingerprint login anymore, needs the password retyped each time now, rather annoying
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Be sure you have the most recent Android update download from the app store. The current version is 2.4.9_20031.

Are you still experiencing an issue after installing the latest version?

JamesC

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wasn't able to even login to the website.  This just fixed me up on that score:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/You-may-be-logged-into-NETGEAR-Arlo-in-a-different-browser-tab...

But I'm getting logged off the app and site way too frequently prior to this.  I'm hoping there is some resolution to those issues in the near future.

carmenlag
Initiate
Initiate

Mine too...just started having this issues yesterday! Galaxy 6s

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting this in your url bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If using Firefox, follow the instructions listed here: How to clear the Firefox cache

If using the mobile app, check the app store and be sure you have the latest version available downloaded and installed.

You should then be able to log in.

JamesC

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have the latest, can login to everything again, so that is good.  Can Netgear start working on quick timeouts though?  The timeouts for login are WAY too short currently.  Also, being able to be logged into the app and website concurrently should be a thing.  Or at least I shouldn't be expected to have to log back into the app if I pull up my cameras on the website.  

Jlew4
Star
Star

My problem is with the Arlo App timing out constantly!  This just started happening to me yesterday.  VERY frustrating!  My app is updated.  What's up with this Arlo??????

Triciaf
Initiate
Initiate
Me Too! I have had this system for a year and this issue is several times a day. Of course warranty is out so may be choosing a different vendor.
Twinkle
Star
Star

On Mar 14, 2018, the new version of the APP 2.4.9_20031 was updated. Prior to that date, I was never timed out. however, now I get the Session has expired.... after an hour or two of no activity. I have uninstalled the APP several times, still occurs. I called ARLO main number-after 30 minutes they gave me a case number.  Then 10 minutes later, they called me back to state that they may have a resolution soon. Will wait and see. 

I am unable to login back in as I get to screens where it ask to update account-I ignore. Get another screen to go to website. After so many hit and misses- I am able to login but still does not take me to my cameras. I even copied the address https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login--however the login is change to mobile- ?????.

The only way that I have been able to get back in is to turn off/on my smartphone. That works but why must I do that.

ARLO, please FIX !!!!

Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hoping that someone has an answer to the new erratic performance of the Arlo app on Android.

When I purchased my first Arlo Q, and then the Arlo pro, everything worked well and correctly.

After a few app ‘ upgrades ‘ the app has become so very bad that now the Geofencing method of operation is useless, and completely non-functional.

The Arlo app downloaded today was version 2.4.9_20031.

The phone is a Motorola G 3 Android 6.0.1

The issue is a time out function, ( Your Session has ended ) which was never noticeable when I first installed the app a few months back.  The Arlo app repeatedly times out, and then the Geofencing method of operation totally fails.

Additionally, and perhaps even more seriously, at 2.00am after I have noticed a burglar, I do not have time to reset the app, and re-enter any password..!!

I have thus far, deleted and re-downloaded the app three times. I have deleted any old app or web pages on the phone.  Additionally I have disconnected all the Arlo Pro cameras, and the Q camera, to reboot the whole installation. 

None of this has cured the problem.

Frankly I am surprised that Netgear / Arlo are having these problems, because according to the app reviews I am not alone with this time out error.

I have both a Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wi-Fi Router -  R7800 and a Netgear EX8000  Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender which work well, which is why I purchased the Arlo system.

Netgear has a company reputation to protect, and if the Arlo camera system is unreliable this will affect sales of all the other Netgear products.

Hopefully someone has some ideas of a solution to what appears to be a common Arlo app problem

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

SeattleArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo App keeps saying session expired please log in.  I have the most current update and have uninstalled and reinstalled app and it still keeps doing the session expired.  I have never had this problem where it keeps doing it.  I have a Samsung S8

tj1209
Guide
Guide
Every time I go on to view my cameras from the app on my cellphone it says I need to log in. I'm not logging out so why do I need to log in each time I open the app?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I find I have to force close the app before I can use it.

ogarcia
Initiate
Initiate
Well keeps logging off my Android S7last couple days, App is updated..Hate this system!! There is always something going wrong!!
TOOMUCHSTUFF
Guide
Guide
My system is doing the same thing. When I go to the App it says "Your session has expired. Please log in". This happens on both mine and wife's smart phone. Problem is, it's not on the "log in" screen when I get the message and the "log out" doesn't work. We have to do a restart on our phones and the system works again without having to log back in. I logged out of the app on both phones and did a power off and back on to the base unit, but that didn't fix the problem. After logging back in, everything works ok for a while, but when there is inactivity on the app for a period of time, it gives me the same message that my session has expired.

tj1209
Guide
Guide
You described it perfectly! One thing I'm experiencing different though is I am able to "log out". Thanks for sharing your experience so I don't think I'm crazy.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you're on Android....... go the the play store and download and install the latest Arlo app (version 2.4.9_20031). That will fix the session timed out issue and you won't get prompted to log in everytime. Something on the Arlo side broke the older version.

tj1209
Guide
Guide
I checked my current version of the app and it matches the one you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestion though.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ok, then try uninstall and reinstall of the app. Some had to do that after updating.

tj1209
Guide
Guide
I'll try it, certainly can't hurt. Thanks
TOOMUCHSTUFF
Guide
Guide
Yes, that's the version I have also. It says released 03-14-18. Funny thing, I think that's about when I started having my problem.