Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second system (at home) means new, 2nd email address?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rynegold
Guide
Guide

So I have an arlo system w/2 cameras at work, now I've purchased a new system for home. I've powered up the new base station and have stopped there....

What is going to be the best way to configure this system so as to make it easy to use BOTH work and home from one phone/laptop?

Can I use the same email/password/personal info as I already use at work? Or do I need to use all new info? new email/password etc?

Can someone address these concerns BEFORE I get too far along and do something irrepairable. I am currently on the "account setup" page... the setup has identified/recognized my base station and it already has generated my current (work) email and password in the boxes for them, and it wants "re-enter password, name, sec. question" to be entered.

what now?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can I use the same email/password/personal info as I already use at work? Or do I need to use all new info? new email/password etc?

Not without an upgrade to your service to support 3 bases.

otherwise you'll have to use different email adresses pw/,etc.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CaptainDork
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have three (3) Base Stations with five (5) cameras each.

Because I am a tightwad, I just use three (3) separate email addresses, one for each.

Whether I'm on an app (iPhone or Android) or a desktop, I simply log out and log in with one of the other email addresses.

It doesn't take long to do that.