Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Web Portal: Base Station Offline . But I can stream from the camera (via android)

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

When I access Arlo from the web portal, it eventually times out and states that the Base station is not connected to the internet.  And the Mode page says offline.

However, via my Android app I can stream live from the cameras.  However, the "mode" tab on the android tablet seems non-functional as well.

This seems to have started within the last few days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
doraemon
Prodigy
Prodigy

@StuBee

i've used firefox and chrome with the latest versions and they're both working ok on mine. i wonder if you need to uninstall and reinstall your browser.

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki 😄

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

Additional info:

Internet Explorer 11.0:  Works

Chrome Version 44.0.2403.89 m  :  Does not work

doraemon
Prodigy
Prodigy

@StuBee

i've used firefox and chrome with the latest versions and they're both working ok on mine. i wonder if you need to uninstall and reinstall your browser.

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki 😄
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StuBee,

The issue you are describing often stems from a problem with Flash Player.  Have you checked to make sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player and that it is enabled for you on Chrome?  When disabling the Flash plugin I get the same issue you are describing.

You can find more information on Chrome and Adobe Flash player in this thread that details a similar issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I think it had something to do with Chrome disabling Flash in their last update, then Adobe releasing a newer flash that wouldn't be disabled by default.  I was already running the most recent versions, but I had to clear all the caches to get it to work agian.

FYI:  I think Netgear made a mistake in using Flash....which is a big security vulnerability and is being disabled in corporations and now users home pc browsers.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Chrome (Version 44.0.2403.130 m) is not working for me.  I tried all of the above and get the same "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router" error.  IE11 works fine.

Once again I implore you guys to dump Flash ASAP.  Flash only works on a small number of browsers now, and soon it won't work on any of them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Chrome works fine for me.  Try logging out and back in - that cleared the same issue I just had.

I agree on going to HTML5 - it's time to update.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks.  Logging out and logging in again seems to have fixed it.

2CaribbeanSouls
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issues. I can not access arlo via Chrome, Firefox or IE. Even my phone app is longer working. All worked fine yesterday. This does not appear to a browser issue in my opinion. Netgear really needs to address this issue. "No address associated with hostname" is the message I get including on my phone app.

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

2Caribbean:  Have you tried turning off wifi on your phone as a test?     This is just to rule it out being a local DNS issue with your router or provider.

2CaribbeanSouls
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had tried that but it didn't help. Also tried rebooting every device. But the day after I posted the problem I was suddenly able to access the portal via all the browsers and my phone without issue. I don't know what happened or changed but all is well now. Thanks for the reply though.