Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second location setup

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cov29
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've used the search function but am confused by dated and sometimes conflicting responses. 

I have a Smart Hub with doorbell & 3 Pro 2 cameras installed at my main home. I currently have an Arlo Smart subscription (grandfathered) that has a 4 camera max for $9.99 per month.

I would like to add 2 Pro 4 cameras (without a base unit) at another location in a different city and state. I would like to view and manage cameras in one app under the same account, if possible.  I talked to Arlo support and was told I would need to set up a second account and use the friend feature to view all of the cameras together. Subsequently, I would need a second subscription. 

1) Can I upgrade to the Arlo Secure plan with unlimited cameras and manage under one account? 

2) If I forego the subscription can I manage under one account? I realize I would lose some features but could store video locally in purchasing a base station for the second location. I believe I still get push notifications, but would lose cloud storage, AI assistance and activity zones. 

What are my options here? 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cov29 wrote:

1) Can I upgrade to the Arlo Secure plan with unlimited cameras and manage under one account? 

Yes

@Cov29 wrote:

2) If I forego the subscription can I manage under one account? I realize I would lose some features but could store video locally in purchasing a base station for the second location. I believe I still get push notifications, but would lose cloud storage, AI assistance and activity zones. 

Again, yes.

You can also leave your subscription as it is, and use local storage for the remote location - leaving the new cameras out of your existing subscription plan.

@Cov29 wrote:

You can also set up two accounts, but share the cameras using the "friend" feature.

The second account would either not use a subscription, or would need it's own subscription.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cov29 wrote:

Yes

@Cov29 wrote:

Again, yes.

You can also leave your subscription as it is, and use local storage for the remote location - leaving the new cameras out of your existing subscription plan.

@Cov29 wrote:

You can also set up two accounts, but share the cameras using the "friend" feature.

The second account would either not use a subscription, or would need it's own subscription.

Cov29
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Stephen for the response.