Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scheduling two cameras

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Bilxthebroker
Tutor
Tutor

I have recently bought an Arlo Wireless kit with two cameras.

I have to say that I find the scheduling / set up interface unnecessarily confusing - I am not at all tech-shy, but there is nothing intuitive about this and it really needs a rethink.

Anyway...I want to have Camera 1 scheduled to switch on to Motion Detect at Midnight each night and switch off at 0630 each morning, and I want to have Camera 2 switch on at 0600 and switch off again at 0700. 

It seems the only way to do this is to create two Custom modes, one for each camera, which I have done successfully. I have then switched on Scheduling mode and added the two cameras into the calendar. That's all fine, but for some reason I simply can't fathom, the calendar will not let me turn on the second camera before the first one is shut down, nor vice versa.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks.

25 REPLIES 25
Osok
Tutor
Tutor

I think I have figured it out. My system is now up and running the way I want, no more issues, so I think.  I have noticed major lag between I set a rule and the time it is actually implemented.  On several occasion I received the message, (rule has not been applied, due to a loss of internet connections).  So I am thinking that the problem is between IOS and the router.  Just my humble opinion.