Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Humpster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I want to create what to me is a simple schedule for both my cameras to come on at  2200 local time (UK) and both switch off  at 0800 in that time i want them to run at 95% motion detection. Why can i just set up a schedule  starting at   2200 and turniing off  at 0800?

Can anyone advise me please as its very frustrating, even watching the help video is no help to me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manfredz
Hero
Hero

you cant set a schedule to go across midnight so would have to creat one to 2359 and one starting at 0000

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

you cant set a schedule to go across midnight so would have to creat one to 2359 and one starting at 0000

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're trying to span days by crossing midnight. Set two separate sections in the schedule with one starting at 10:00PM till 11:59PM and the other starting at 12:00AM till 8:00AM. That way each specific day works properly, even those that one may not want to be the same.

Zboz
Star
Star

So, if one program stops at 11:59pm, and the other program doesn't start until midnight, there will 1-minute (60 seconds) between 11:59 and midnight where the system will never record?  

Zboz
Star
Star

^^....nevermind.  I figured it out.  Now, let's see if it actually works.

I had set the scheduling on my computer/browser.  One program went from 10:00pm to 11:59pm and the other started at 12:00am (midnight) and went to 6:00am.  This would arm the system from 10pm to 6am but skipping the "minute" from 11:59pm to midnight for some reason. 

However, after going back to the app on my phone, the first program showed stopping at 11:58pm, and the other program stopping at 6:01am.  Strange.  So, on the app on my phone, I reset the first program to stop 11:59 - the latest it would let me - then went back to the computer/browser and it shows the program stopping at 12:00 midnight. 

Seems Netgear's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.