Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule mode probelms

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am new to this Forum and have had Arlo Wireless for 10 days now.  It was easy to install and seemed to work great.  However, I have run into several problems and Arlo technical support has been completely fustrating to work with.

I need help and I will try to explain the problem as best as possible.  Please be patient with me.  I have 3 cameras outdoors and have lots of trees.  The shadows from these trees set of false alarms.  I programmed different modes changing the sensitivity based on the time of day and the shadows associated with the time of day to try to decrease false alarms.  I then set the schedule with these 5 different modes.  Everything seems to be fine but I noticed my cameras were not recording, so I checked on my iphone and it was on the wrong mode and was not following the schdule.  So I pressed the mode buttons and the camera's cycled to the right mode and followed the schedule.  However, several hours later , it did the same thing.  It did not cycle to the next schedule.  I then was more diligent with my iphone to check and it seemed to cycle ok.  However, the next morning I noticed the cameras was not being motion sensored so I check again, and again it was in the wrong mode.  I than logged into my computer and to my suprise it says my cameras were in the correct mode.  I than immediately logged into iphone and it said it was in the wrong mode.  I than quickly checked my ipad and it said my cameras were yet in a different mode.  I than checked my computer and it was on the correct mode.  

So to summarize, my cameras were on schedule and my computer, ipad, and iphone all said the were on different modes.  If I had screen grabs, it would show my iphone showing that I am in morning shadows mode, my computer says I am in armed mode, and my ipad saying i am in Night shadow mode.  Of course, not all 3 can be correct and I can't even figure out which device is giving me accuarate information.

It doesn't do it all the time and once I "fiddle" with it, it seems to work ok.

Sorry about the long and confusing question.  I've been in contact with technical support without any help but like I said, once you press a few buttons, it starts to work ok.  You also have to log in with several different devices sequentially because not more than one device can be logged in at a time to discover the problem.  If you log in with just one device, it seems to be working ok until you realize all the information on the screen may be wrong.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Check the Arlo app forum. Others are having the same issue
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
It does sound like a problem with the iOS app. Check if you have the latest version.

On another note, I'd be interested to see your camera views. Can you post them? I wonder why it's necessary to have trees in your view, it sounds like your cameras' orientations can be optimized.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, based on your observations and testing, I'd say trust the computer since the iOS devices seem to be having issues.  However, to be sure, actually test the cameras by walking through the field of view to ensure proper operation.

I agree that the trees likely can be removed from your scenes to help simplify your setup.  Note that it's not the shadows causing the issue but reflected IR, probably from the leaves.  Reducing the amount of moving vegetation from the cameras' views should help.

ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your comments. I agree that I can reposition the cameras to not catch the trees and leaves. I have a large property and am trying to cover large areas without buying too many cameras. I'm still repositioning daily and adjusting the sensitivity to see what will work for me.
ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought the IR sensor are only for night time and during the day, it is motion sensored?

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
The PIR-sensor is operational around the clock for motion detection. It detects changes in IR light only.

Then there are the IR-LEDs on the front of the camera to illuminate the scene in low-light situations. They will only come on if you activate Night Scene mode on a camera's Settings page and then only if the light is low enough.