Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
bascherz
Guide
Guide

App updated the other day and geofencing is gone. Why? I relied on that feature. It vanished, probably along with my setup. Please give it back!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC, GF is there and selectable on my Tab S3 tablet (Android 7.0) but not on my Nexus 6 phone (7.1.1). I force stopped the phone app with no help. Reinstalling the app fixed it. No idea why.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
furman00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any word on why this feature was removed?  Frustrating. 

Mgoldsmith
Initiate
Initiate
I had geofencing set up fine, went to check via Android app today and the option is removed - only arm /disarm /schedule /custom are available to select. Known issue or bug?
Pkx111
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought a unit for my home and set up geofencing. Now, its's gone. Was there a security flaw that needs fixed or was this just an oversight? Geofencing was the reason I purchased this device as I used it at work previously.

Mudokon83
Tutor
Tutor

YES!

So bummed its removed, hopefully back soon!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature has not been removed. Be sure location is enabled on your mobile device.

Which Arlo app are you using that is not allowing Geofencing?

What OS version and phone model are you using?

JamesC

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

I am using Android and still have geofencing.  I turned off GPS and still had the option in the app.  Turned off permission for the app to use my location and the app still had the option to use it.  Seems to me very odd.  Mine only works if I am on my phones data connection and not at all on WiFi....see's me as gone when I am at home.  What is your app version? Mine is 2.4.4_17405, released 6/29/17. Just manually checked for an update and there wasn't one.

Mudokon83
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah same version and even on phone data with wifi off, the option is gone.

are you looking on your phone and not browser right?

browser still "lists" geofencing" as an option but the android app its totally gone.

furman00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Location is enabled and Arlo app has permission to use location services.

Arlo software: 2.4.4_17405

Android: 7.1.2

Phone:  Nexus 5x

Thanks,

Barry

Pkx111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Location On

Pixel XL

Arlo App Version: 2.4.4_17405

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, checked it with my phone and with my browser. When I set my app to not allow location, I got a notice it was for an older version and the app may not work correctly.  Not sure if they meant an older version of Android, app, phone or Arlo.  I would think that should have at minimum greyed out the option on the app but it didn't.

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

I rebooted my phone, tried everything again and had the same result. I don't understand why some people got an app update last week yet still have the same version number and no geofencing.

I am on AT&T and use Lookout security.  What do all of you use?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC, GF is there and selectable on my Tab S3 tablet (Android 7.0) but not on my Nexus 6 phone (7.1.1). I force stopped the phone app with no help. Reinstalling the app fixed it. No idea why.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not gone. I was missing on  one device, not another. I reinstalled the app and there it is.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Those of you experiencing this issue, consider uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and download a fresh version from the app store.

Please let us know if that resolves the issue.

JamesC

furman00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Uninstall / Reinstall worked.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Mudokon83
Tutor
Tutor

YES!

That was all it was, uninstall and reinstall and its back!

Weird

Pkx111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reinstall worked.

speedf1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm using version 2.4.4_17405 of the Android app and have just noticed that the geofencing mode is missing.

Has it been removed?  It still seems to be available in on the website althought it says "Geofencing (only accessible via mobile)", and in the iPad IOS app.

MarkoKoskenoja
Aspirant
Aspirant
It appears to have been removed from my Arlo Pro app on my Android Nexus 6 phone. Let's hope it reapears as that is an important feature for me.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's still there.As noted in other threads, remove and reinstall the app and GF will show again. 

speedf1
Apprentice
Apprentice

O.K.  Uninstalling and re-installing seems to have worked.  Totally bizarre why that was required though.

MarkoKoskenoja
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked for me as well - thanks

TheBigGExpress
Apprentice
Apprentice

How about fixing the issue ?!?

How about notifying customers that it is broken ?

Now, how often is geofencing going to disappear ?