Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

I can reproduce this easily now. When I restart Netgear Arlo through the web account, it tries to take over my Netgear R6300 router's 192.168.1.1 (connected to a leased Arris 1672G's 192.168.100.1 cable modem) according to my Debian/Linux's arpwatch monitor. Why?

I am losing my Internet connection every time I restart my Arlo through the web. If I use the base station's power button, then it doesn't disconnect. It is only the restart through the web site.

What's up? Is anyone else having this problem too or just me?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sounds like just you as your the first...

Sounds like an IP address conflict when rebooting causes one to drop out

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

Sounds like an IP address conflict when rebooting causes one to drop out

Yeah, but why does Arlor need 192.168.1.1 though?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base station is it's own wifi system ( it sets up another wifi network.. do a scan and you'll see it )

Try unpluging the base station from the router your using and replug in... the base station is dynamic IP so it should get a IP address down the chain.

Morse is faster than texting!
ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

The base station is it's own wifi system ( it sets up another wifi network.. do a scan and you'll see it )

Try unpluging the base station from the router your using and replug in... the base station is dynamic IP so it should get a IP address down the chain.

Oh wow. Can we change its SSID name and other settings? What's its password to connect to it? I assume VMB3010 is the base station's name since I see it is using a DHCP IP address (not connectable and nothing open according to a nmap -P0 port scan) from my Netgear R6300 router.

dchriest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you tried to set a static IP address in your router's DHCP reservation section? Doing so will allow the Arlo router to use the same IP address everytime it is restarted (different from 192.168.1.1).