Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Incorrect email name showing

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LJ111
Aspirant
Aspirant

So... I just upgraded to a S6 Edge and transferred my email account over to this new phone and its new operating system (from an S3).    When an Arlo alert arrives to the new phone it displays the first name in my listing of contacts which not the correct sending name.  The email in the inbox listing does not display the email address or the correct name.  When I open the arlo email on the phone to fullscreen it displays the correct name.

So the inbox says... "Hi Andi" when it should show "Hi Sam".  When I open same notfication (sending to mulitple emails) the arlo email correctly shows "Hi Sam" in the fully opened email.     This only happens on the S6.  On all the other platforms receiving alerts like IOS or Win 7 or 8.1 or Kindle everything works fine.  The correct name shows.  I've even deleted the first contact on the S6 and Arlo just picks the next name in the contact list...again only on the S6. This didnt happen on the S3.  I guess if I only had one contact this would work or if I went back to the S3.  smile.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If its working on the other platforms correctly, then I would concentrate on the problem being in the S6...

Something wrong with the contact info in the phone? Other S6 users will have to help with this one

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------