Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Reset my whole home network, Arlo system was working fine before, now base station won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PaulQ_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried setting up my home with a new router system and it didn't work so I went back to the way it was before. In the process, my router had to assign new IPs to everything. I did a full factory reset on the Arlo base station and removed all the devices from my account using the web interface.

Now, when I go to "New System Setup," and pick Arlo Base Station, the next screen already has what I assume is my Arlo's MAC address. I continue from that screen. When I type in my email, a few seconds later, it asks me to sign into my account which I do.

When I go to the SETTINGS page, it lists no devices. The base station is not there.

I have tried the basic trouble shooting of a factory reset, powering the ARLO off/on (unplugging), I even reboot my router.

I have two questions, first - what doe sthe Arlo system appear as in your list of connected devices in your router's list? Is it "Netgear" or "Arlo" because I don't have either in my list.

Second - any other suggestions. Again, it was working fine on the same set up before.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're trying too hard.  Instead of new system setup, use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base and then sync the cameras.  I'm not sure what the implications are for removing all devices and then trying to set up as if you didn't have an account already.  Perhaps there's a database already associating the MAC addresses with your account that is causing your issue.

Also, make sure you're using the proper reset procedure which is to use only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Once the base reinitializes, what are the LEDs showing?  SHould be 2 green ones on the left - power and Internet.

No idea why you have to jumpt through these hoops - should have been unplug from one router and plug into the new one.  Manual IP addresses aren't normally needed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're trying too hard.  Instead of new system setup, use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base and then sync the cameras.  I'm not sure what the implications are for removing all devices and then trying to set up as if you didn't have an account already.  Perhaps there's a database already associating the MAC addresses with your account that is causing your issue.

Also, make sure you're using the proper reset procedure which is to use only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Once the base reinitializes, what are the LEDs showing?  SHould be 2 green ones on the left - power and Internet.

No idea why you have to jumpt through these hoops - should have been unplug from one router and plug into the new one.  Manual IP addresses aren't normally needed.

PaulQ_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

THANK YOU.... This was the key to getting the base back online: "Instead of new system setup, use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base and then sync the cameras."

I don't this I saw that anywhere in the help section or anywhere in these community boards. Thank you so much!

PaulQ_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh... can you tell me what Arlo names itself on the router? I don't see anything obvious. Thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo base show up as Netgear vbm xxx (something like that) on your router... may be diff now but " Netgear" should be the key

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
PaulQ_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah.... I thought that would be the case but I don't see anything "Netgear" on my IP list. I just now thought to look at the MAC addresses. I found it. It's under "VMB..." which just so happens to be the model number of the base station. Doh!