Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Removing cameras that were shared with me....

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ninaxx4
Aspirant
Aspirant

My aunt and uncle's neighbors asked them to have me help them fix their 12 Arlo Wire-Free cameras while they were away, so they granted me (admininstrative) access to all of the cameras on their 2 base stations. I fixed the ones that could be fixed but I don't know how to remove them from my account... I don't speak to them so I have no way of getting in touch with them to ask them to remove me. They only use the house in the summer so thank god they're not currently there. Basically, how do I remove cameras that someone else shared with me? If there isn't a feature for that, then one should be made because I don't want access to these people's cameras when I don't know who they are and I've never met them.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always just deleted the app and the cameras and all alerts would be gone....

But to remove Granted Access comes form the Primary Owner

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ninaxx4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, that's my issue.. I'm currently granted access to someone else's cameras on their account, and I don't want access to them anymore but have no way of telling them to remove me. I think here definitely should be a feature that let's you remove yourself from seeing someone else's cameras. So nothing would really resolve this unless Arlo adds that feature I guess
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't your Aunt and Uncle know their number? Maybe their phone number is forwarded

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ninaxx4,

This can be done by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > Shared Devices > select the desired device > Remove Device.

After the device is removed it will no longer be visible.

JamesC

ninaxx4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would have tried that, but again it's not my account and I don't want to mess anything up and remove a device from their view.