Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Unit goes offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mike578578
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras disconnected from the base unit.  I did a remote reboot on base unit and it took forever to reboot.  It finally timed out.  Now the base station is not connected and the cameras are at a remote location so I can't do a hard reboot.  HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Sorry, you'll need physical presence to get it going. Is there someone near by that has access?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mike578578 wrote:

One of my cameras disconnected from the base unit.  I did a remote reboot on base unit and it took forever to reboot.  It finally timed out.  Now the base station is not connected and the cameras are at a remote location so I can't do a hard reboot.  HELP!

Sorry, but there is nothing else to be done remotely... Only the base has that option , not the cameras and you tried it already.

It is a good idea to use a UPS as backup in remote locations for the base to prevent power issues causing problems

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mike578578
Aspirant
Aspirant

The fact this has happended several times shows these cameras will not serve the purpose of a security camera.  Very dissappointed after 1 year of having them.  will raise to Netgear for refund or store