Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera's Aren't Showing Up in App

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
beepr
Aspirant
Aspirant
My husband added a new camera and now I can't see any of the cameras in my app. He turned them all on for my account, I quit the app and even logged out, but they still aren't showing. Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are they visible in any scenario, web and/or app with any login?  I assume you've been added as a friend. I don't know what would have happened but perhaps removing the friend account and re-adding would help.

beepr
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are only visible on my husbands phone and iPad. He had already added me as a friend and they showed up until he added a third camera. He deleted my account and re-added with no luck. I know he could just re-invite me using another email address, but I don't think we should have to do that. It's very strange!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Probably the best thing to do is create a trouble ticket. If someone posts here faster, so much the better but initiating a ticket improves problem tracking.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Beepr,

For good measure I would check the primary account and ensure all the cameras are marked as authorized for sharing.

1. Log into the primary Arlo account
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Click on Friends
  4. Click the entry for your name/email address
  5. Ensure all cameras are showing a green check mark.

Note: If the camera is highlighted in grey that indicates the camera is not authorized for viewing for that friend/email address.

In the sample below you can see the "Back Yard" camera will not be viewable by this account/email however the Baby's Room camera is.

Friend authorized vs not authorized.JPG

If this doesn't resolve the issue please contact our support center by visiting http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx so they can investigate this issue further.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
r273
Aspirant
Aspirant

I to have the same problem. Wife recieved invitation and can download app but can not get cameras up. Have check and rechecked cameras to be sent with invitation. Resent many times. She even deleted her account and reloaded. Same thing can not call up cameras but can see everything else.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

r273,

After going through the steps above what is the status of the friend invite you sent out? If you go to Settings and then to Friends does it say "accepted" or "pending". If it says pending that means the invite was not properly accepted. When the invite is sent to the friend accounts e-mail you must click the "Create my own Arlo Account" link provided. This will redirect you to a login screen. At that login screen you must enter the friend account that you already have created. You might find it easier to do from a PC so you don't get the redirect link to download the application. The most important step is that you login from the page that the "Create my own Arlo Account" link takes you to as this is what triggers the invite to go from "pending" to "accepted".

Hope this helps!

JamesC

Blu3majik
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worked Fine. Thanx