Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
alb81044
Guide
Guide

One of my cameras keep losing it's synch, while the other two are fine.  Unfortunately the units are 250 miles away.  Is there any way to remotely re-start the camera?

10 REPLIES 10
Streak2
Master Master
Master

You can not remotely restart the camera, only the base which sometimes can resolve issues.

How far is that camera from the base and was is its signal strength when it's working?

alb81044
Guide
Guide

Probably 25-30 feet.  There are two other cameras further away that have been stable.  I'm not sure how to check the signal strength.  These cameras are 250 miles away at my Northern Michigan home.  I turn them on once a day to check on the building status.  Wifi is mostly stable, but only max 10 Mbs.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check signal strength using the WiFi icon for each camera in the Devices tab. Note that even close cameras can have connection issues depending on lots of environmental issues such as building construction and 2.4GHz wireless interference. At some point you might want to swap cameras around to see if the problem stays with the camera or location.

alb81044
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the reply.  I may be a little dense, but I'm not sure what you mean.  I see wifi symbols, but clicking on them does nothing.  Is there a menu I'm missing?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

The symbol is not clickable. See below. Mine shows 3 bars which is full strength. 

As previously mentioned it's possible that there could be other interference between that camera and the base.

If it's offline now there is not much you can do about it from a distance. If on site we would suggest a battery pull. Is it possible that the battery is flat?

aa1.JPG

alb81044
Guide
Guide

OK I see what you are referring to.  Of course, since the camera is not seeing the base, there is no symbol for the wifi strength.  I did have a friend re-synch it a couple of weeks ago, and the battery and wifi strength were good, but it went off again after 3 days. My other 2 cameras show 4 bars for wifi, and both are farther away from the base. I will be there in a few weeks and will pull the battery then re-synch.  Thanks for the help.  Just was wondering if there wwere any tricks to re-synch from afar.

alb81044
Guide
Guide

Forgot to ask, what is the technique to remotely reboot the base?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart

alb81044
Guide
Guide

Thank you.  I actually found that after your message.  Just a little chicken to change anything from my regular home 250 miles away.  Did the wrong thing once and shut down one of my important cameras.  I assume that will re-boot the base.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct. There's always a chance something goofy will happen but it's usually fine.