Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Network running on iOS 10, two camera system.

Arlo wireless camera...started flashing red and blue, said firmware update. That was 16 hours ago. Other camera is fine. need to gets system on line. Your help please

IMG_0158.JPG

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At this point, open and close the battery door. It's stuck. That may be all you need to do. If not, try removing the camera in Settings, My Devices and then resync it.

Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 21 hours... So undo battery compartment and she's back on line with a triangle and exclamation mark! Against device info.

Go into device and the following is stated:

Update

firmware 1.2.7730
released 15 Jul 2016

Leave overnight: and... camera is off line and flashing red / blue.

will now try removal and reinstall.

Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removed camera from system. Still flashing, removed batteries and reinstalled.

Left overnight...next morning (today) camera if off line and flashing red and blue.

note: New batteries installed two days ago now @ 50%.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mike1gb,

Did you move the camera inside to complete the update? From your screenshot above it appears the camera is outside (and may have poor signal strength which could prevent the firmware update from completing).

Are you still having issues completing the firmware update? The link provided above by jguerdat offers troubleshooting steps for those who may be having trouble.

Please let us know,

JamesC

Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

thanks for the information. Will try over next 24 hours and advise.

ref outside: brought camera inside and placed next to hub. unfortunialy with same results as reported.

mike  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mike1gb,

Were you able to resolve this issue after attempting the troubleshooting above?

Please let us know,

JamesC

Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

sorry no. System went thru 90% of a new set of batteries in less than three days.

Last night I left them on less than 10% expecting blue and red flash this morning and to my surprise they are still online now. Looks like there is not enough power in them to try the firmware update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Apparently the update will likely fail without good batteries.  I wouldn't try an update without them.  Swap batteries with another camera for this purpose.

Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brand new batteries were put in on 26 September, 2016. By 29th they were depleted to 10%. Thus the last post. 

Ill put put another set of batteries in, however we will start the cycle again, unless advised differently. 

This is getting expensive. Will keep community advised.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you deleted the cameras from Settings, My Devices and resynced them?

Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes as posted 28/09.

replaced batteries as earlier (today) reccomendation.

now waiting for overnight firmware update to kick in.

Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today.

Camera off line and not even a flashing red and blue light.

Re-booted. Batteries flat (taken from another camera as suggested yesterday with 60% life in them) Occasional red flash light confirms.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slow flash of the amber LED indicates dead batteries. I'd suggest using the Support link above here to open a case for a possible RMA.

Mike1gb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will call support line during the coming week and keep you advised.