Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recordings not happening/unable to connect to cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LitleJoe
Star
Star

I will be migrating back to a wired system with a DVR. I am tired of recordings not happening and trying to connect to a camera when I really need to only to get a connect error. I have multiple cameras at several locations and have the same problems at all sites As a test I put up two cameras at one place, one camera may record someone walking by but the other doesn't.  I suspected this when seeing some cameras trip and the other one doesn't, even up close. I never had this problem with my old system. I know its not the location or internet due to different sites and internet services. Not wasting anymore money on something that i cant depend on. Once i get a new system installed at my locations I will selling off my Arlo equipment.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LitleJoe,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. Some of the symptoms you're describing could be due to the camera positioning. I recommend that you take a look at the following article tips on positioning your cameras for best performance and test again to see if you experience better behavior: https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

JamesC