Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recordings in Library Disappeared

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ezshots
Aspirant
Aspirant

While using the library to select and “favorite” several videos, suddenly the screen refreshed and about 98% of all recordings vanished. This included ones I was just working on as well as others from the same day and other days that past week. Two days’ worth of videos disappeared completely, while other days had only 1-4 videos remaining per days.

Tried logging out and back in, as well as using a different device, but the videos are still missing.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ezshots,

Are you continuing to experience this behavior? If you manually record a video does it appear in the library?

JamesC

ezshots
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

The recordings I had previously posted about seemed to have re-appeared the next day, but today the same thing happened (again while in the midst of selecting). 5 days worth of recordings have disappeared and the other 3 days (including today) have only some recordings.

I am able to view live feed currently and record it manually as well, but any of today's recording prior to the time this started are no longer in the library.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which interface are you using - app or browser?  Have you tried the other?  For the app, does it matter if you're on WiFi or 3/4G?

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Normally the library works with no problem but I just tried to look at today's recordings and when I tried to select a video, another opened and would not playback. Scrolling through the library showed the same videos on each day all with the same problem. I reset the password and seemed to have regained control. How can I stop this from happening again?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  Have you tried the other?  If the app, have you tried reinstalling it?  If the browser, have you tried another?

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Reinstalling the app seems to have worked.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess it's possible the app's cache was corrupted or something similar.  Dunno about the iOS versions but for Android you can try using the phone settings for the Arlo app to clear the cache or all data before reinstalling the app.