Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording Too Long

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have set all 4 cameras to 30 seconds of recording time upon motion.  Yesterday camera 4 recorded 5 minutes 32 seconds.  These have been recording for 30 seconds flawlessly for months until last night's odd recording time on camera 4.  How can I fix this?  Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, I do a reset of the base via the power button. See if it repeats

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Aglenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'd like to know if this solved the issue. I've got cameras that now record for variable times, even up to 10 minutes. They are programmed for 60 sec.
PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

The steps to correct this problem have not corrected it.  I still get occasional recordings much longer than the 20+/- second setting.

Memcor77
Guide
Guide
Im also having this problem, and I know of two more people with the same thing happening. One camera recorded for 17 minutes, had to unplug the base station for it to stop. And this started happening after the new firmware update.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't had this happen but I'd try 1) rebooting the base and 2) resetting the cameras by opening and closing the battery covers.  If it still happens, open a trouble ticket since it may be the new firmware that is the issue.

HadNak
Aspirant
Aspirant
New arlo user. Set up 1 day ago. Cameras have been setup without issues. Things were working good until today something odd happened. There was a 5m42s recording on a camera that was set only for 25s. This thread looks like folks have had issues before but more than a year ago.

Was there a fix or do users still find this happening?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base and maybe open and close the battery door (reinsert the battery if a Pro).

HadNak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, thank you.  I will give that try.  Although it hasn't reproduced the long recording time yet.

mavox
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't get it. Mine is set to 10secs yet I get a 20sec clip every hour or so.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried?

mavox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hard reset, removed the batteries, and set the motion detection sensitivy low.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Hard reset as in using the reset button or a power cycle? The former is a reset, the latter isn't.

What mode are you using? Armed or a custom mode?
mavox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_2017-03-30-13-15-24.png

I've actually done both resets now. I'm using the armed option, but I've played around with the other settings, motion etc. Right now I'm at 72 on motion. The problem is the shadows from the trees underneath the camera, but I need that area obviously for intruders, so setting it too low is a problem. I want to catch more motion around the base of the steps as well because of lag time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Do you have the latest firmware as shown in the Release Notes forum? Do you see All Motion On/Off modes? Those would show an issue.