Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help finding missing Arlo camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jazz_holcams
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo camera that is still within range of my base station (presumably still in my house), that is physically missing.

I can view the camera from on my system, but cannot physically locate the camera.  Someone must have moved it, hidden it, etc.

It looks like it's somewhere dark (from the video/pictures I can view), but the location is unrecognizable.  I've tried shining flashlights, setting the motion detection up to 100, etc all around the original location, but the video feed doesn't change / register motion, etc.

Any suggestions on trying to locate the camera before the battery runs out?

The image I get from the camera is below....

1490902956852.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Looks like a pair of socks.....

thats all all I got !

Other than if no light changes, it's in a draw, closet, etc where normal light doesn't go

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jasonx101
Apprentice
Apprentice

I take it, it isn't a Pro camera, so you can't play audio to try to find it?

The only other thing I could think of is to move your base station and see in which direction you lose the camera's signal. It will give you a general direction so that at least you are not looking all over.

E.g. If you move it south and you lose signal then it will be to the north. Although I would check that if you do lose signal you can still get the signal back afterwards. I would try with another camera (if you have one) and see if when it goes out of range, it will reconnect once in range again.