Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Until the firmware update to 1.7.0_4546 my recorded videos were all 10-11 seconds long, now they are about 14 seconds even though the rules still show the lowest 10 seconds duration?

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

I work for NETGEAR. Thank you for the feedback on this issue. Based on your input, we discovered that our software has been incorrectly adding a few extra seconds to the record time. We hope to resolve this issue with revised firmware by the end of next week. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we correct this. Thank you!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gilbo2,

Is this behavior happening on all of your cameras for all recordings?

JamesC

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, all of my cameras since the update and all the recordings.

wrdavid2
Tutor
Tutor

with the recent update I notice the minimum recording time is now 14 seconds instead of 10... even though the slider is set at 10 seconds. I am concerned about this because this will drain the batteries even faster. Can this be fixed, please????

Also... is there a way to just have it detect motion and send notifications without recording any video??? that would save even more of the battery and many times that's all I need... just need to know if someone is at the front door and at what time and get a notification; don't need a video of them.

thanks,

bill

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've noticed the same thing, although the actual time is a bit inconsistent.  Nearly all of my recordings before the update were 10 seconds, and now nearly all of them are 14 seconds.

Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

I work for NETGEAR. Thank you for the feedback on this issue. Based on your input, we discovered that our software has been incorrectly adding a few extra seconds to the record time. We hope to resolve this issue with revised firmware by the end of next week. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we correct this. Thank you!

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you for your post Nifer, I look forward to the firmware update soon.

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Latest firmware release has now resolved this problem - 1.7.1_4638 🙂

wrdavid2
Tutor
Tutor

Really??????

A vid recorded by my Arlo this morning was 17 seconds... worse than the 14 seconds I previously complained about.

Would help my battery life if you can get it back to 10 seconds.

Also... how do we download the firmware update? is that automatic or do I have to do something?

thanks,

bill

wrdavid2
Tutor
Tutor

Okay so I checked in my settings and I do have firmware 1.7.1_4638 . Must have downloaded automatically. But this morning's recording was 17 seconds even though I have it set to record 10 seconds!!! It's getting worse from the 14 seconds before you guys 'fixed' it.

b

wrdavid2
Tutor
Tutor

well now I got a 10 sec video... hope that continues

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wrdavid2,

Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue moving forward.

JamesC

jumpernz
Tutor
Tutor

10 seconds since 9 January (New Zealand time). Awesome...

Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

Great, so happy to hear this! Thanks for letting us know!

bennyagwm
Aspirant
Aspirant

i prefer longer recordings. how do i set the cameras to record longer?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bennyagwm,

You must edit the rule for each camera that you would like to record longer. Navigate to Modes > Click the pencil icon next to the mode you use for motion detection > click edit for the desired rule > click the pencil icon next to Record Video. From here you can change the length of recordings.

JamesC

Feron
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want it to record until activity is over.. hwo does one do that?

Feron
Aspirant
Aspirant

nevermind... just not very straight forward but found it.

Dvan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the basic Arlo. I see no pencils anywhere on the app or on my pc. Is that still a valid instruction/option?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, click on your base.  You should see the default modes of Armed and Disarmed.  Use whatever is on the right side of the Armed line, pencil or >, to edit.

Better yet, just check out the Armed mode and create your own custom mode(s) for complete control.

Dvan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ahhh. I see. I had to click edit mode, edit rule, select the camera, scroll down past "if the following" to "then do the following" and click the arrow beside "Record Video "
Thanks!