Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mkc41
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware 1.8.1.1_10234
Why do my settings have so many less options than that shown on user manual?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Because the SW may have updated faster than print...

Have u tried the online manual.

what options u missing?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mkc41
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can't attach photo here but I pulled down the online 3230 manual after installing and updating base and cams. Settings menu's look nothing alike. The one that is installed doesn't have Rules, Base station settings or Preferences. Is it because I just have the Basic subscription?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, just outdated manuals.

Don't be afraid to poke around the interface.  Use Settings for some basic stuff but the actual operation of the cameras is in the Mode tab.  Click on your base and check out the Armed mode there.  All settings for how they detect and record motion are in there.  The ideas in the manual all translate here, just not the pictures and actual locations.  Create your own custom mode to get familiar with how things work.  To add more cameras to the new mode, reedit the new mode.  ANy time you make changes, be sure to save which may be on the same page as the change or one page back (use the Back selection on the top left of the interface rather than a back button on the device).  There may also be anothe save button a page further back - just be thorough and if there's a save, use it.

mkc41
Aspirant
Aspirant
I appreciate the help, many thanks!