Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record Time

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Ace13
Follower
Follower

Is there anyway to set up to have cameras record more than a mere 10 second piece?  Maybe 30 seconds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Edit your recording mode (probably ARMED). Then edit the rule for the camera(s) you want to change. Then next to "Motion is detected" is either a pencil or a > symbol. Click that. Drag the slider to the time you want between 5-120s. Go back. Click SAVE. Sometimes the save button is off the bottom of the screen and you have to scroll down

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Edit your recording mode (probably ARMED). Then edit the rule for the camera(s) you want to change. Then next to "Motion is detected" is either a pencil or a > symbol. Click that. Drag the slider to the time you want between 5-120s. Go back. Click SAVE. Sometimes the save button is off the bottom of the screen and you have to scroll down

manfredz
Hero
Hero

There have been several posts how to dot his.

Go into the mode you are using.

EDIT THE CAM YOU WANT TO CHANGE

click on record video

change the length

hit back

at bottom of page hit save

repeat for other cams you want to change

ollantigh
Tutor
Tutor

Alittle more info for us mere mortals: first at the top of the screen when you have your main page up showing the images from your cameras as in my chase two at the moment, you will see four icons/words, chose: MODE.(i think its the third one from left to right)

next you will see the words: HD Security Camera and below the word: ARMED and to the right of that an arrow pointing to your right, click on it.

Next you will see a screen with the words:Record Camera and a designation number next to it (your camera id) and the word: EDIT to the right hand side click on it.

This is where the words on the next screen say: RECORD VIDEO and another arrow to the right, click on that too.

The next screen is the one where you have slide timer bar thing- to change the amount of time your camera can record the actual amount of seconds appear to be in green writting on the right hand side- however your not quite finished.

Before you think everything is done, click on the Word above: BACK

now half way down the screen depending on how many cameras you have there will be a box in themiddle of the page: cancel to the left and SAVE to the right, click on it and repeat the above to any and all devices as may need.

Sorry for the noob info here- but the first part wasn't that clear and i found it by simply clicking on everything i could find, i'm not very computer or camera savy- note for the experts on here: try to be simple for us lesser folk...and i'm sorry if i caused offence to anyone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The FAQs actually spell it out pretty succinctly. Thanks for your post, however - hope it helps someone.
DadTrap
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the tip. Makes my system choice look even better