Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion at Night is Spotty

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thedudenextdoor
Follower
Follower

I don't know how to explain this without a picture, but I'll try...

My camera is set-up to view my two car driveway in front of the garage door. I only have it programmed to record at night.

Issue is this...

It picks up motion from things that are on the outer most edges of the screen consistently (like my neighbor who leaves everyday at the same time everyday between 5:30-5:35am), but when I walk to the center of the screen (to get in my drivers side), it only picks me up when I'm about to enter the vehicle (this is after I've walked well into the viewing area of the camera). AND that's sometimes, sometimes it won't even see me get in, OR EVEN backing my truck up.

I've got the motion sensitivity all the way up to 100. I also am limited on where I can set the camera. Our driveway surface is asphalt and both vehicles are black.

Anyhelp would be beneficial

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo are more sensitve ( the PIR device thats detects motion ) on the edges...

Also it is easier to detect motion if the subject accross the field of view then straight on.

Third, people are picked up to a max of about 20ft... cars much farther away because they are big reflectors of IR and a larger target.

I would try and move the carmer a off center a bit so the driveway is at a 45d angle if possible... placement sometimes is a trial and error for best response.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------