Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record/Arm 15 min intervals for more than 6 hours

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
actualgriffith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a rental property and we had our first renters this week. I made a mode to simply record any motion detection but not alert. This CRUSHED the main room's camera thanks to recording pretty regularly and annihilated my internet service there constantly uploading.

So I was of the mindset to creat a new mode to record every 15 mins at the top of ever waking hour or so. Unfortunately (and confirmed by technical support) you can only schedule an arming time for 6 hours (7-715 through noon I believe I was able to do). You can make the times as long as you want, but you can only have 6. I've attached a photo to show what I mean. Untitled.png

It would be awesome to be able to have more time scheduling!

In the mean time, I will mess around with some less battery and bandwidth intensive settings! If anyone has any suggestions, I will post a thread in the community as to not clutter this idea thread. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

actualgriffith,

I may be misunderstanding but I just tested this and was able to schedule more than 6 blocks of time using the schedule. What are you seeing that is preventing you from scheduling more?

JamesC

actualgriffith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I spoke with Nina on tech chat earlier (image of her confirming the issue below). I don't recieve an error or anything. The Arlo loading bird shows up, takes about 10-15 seconds to think, then just spits me back to the schedule, just as seen in the original post.

Can you take a sceenshot and show me a schedule with 15 min or so armed time slots with more than six entries across all days? You may be able to do it for 1 day...perhaps. But there is an upper limit somewhere.

trans.png

Thanks for your reply.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

actualgriffith,

Upon further testing, I was able to replicate as you describe. I will escalate this topic to see if this is expected behavior.

JamesC