Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Reconnection of Offline Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
susienbarrie
Follower
Follower
Can the Arlo team please look at including a way to reset the Arlo cameras remotely via the Arlo app???? We have these installed at our 2nd home and they basically become useless if the cameras go offline while we are not there. They cannot be reset until we physically go there and this is not always possible. We are considering looking at other alternatives, but we would like to stay with Arlo and use them as they were intended.
Thank you for the consideration!!
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

susienbarrie,

If your Arlo cameras are going offline, this could be due to depleted batteries or poor signal strength. What is the signal strength like for your cameras? Is it the same camera going offline? If so, it could be an issue with the conditions in which the camera is place, try swapping it with a camera that behaves as expected and see if you still experience the same issue.

JamesC

Linda1951
Aspirant
Aspirant

PLease help

I have 5 cameras.  Only one is online 4 are offline.  I have tried to resync and checked batteries and nothing is working

How can I get them back online?

Thank you,

Linda

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Linda1951,

Is there any LED behavior on the cameras? What happens when you press and release the sync button?

JamesC

Antiquejunkie
Initiate
Initiate
I have 3 now down. Changed batteries & even unsynced one to CANNOT resync nor 2 other's will not come back on. Offline yet other 2 are fine. Just started happening upon 3 battery changes. I paid way to much & battery cost to now this? Unbelievable and Need my Cameras. Help please! Less than 2 yrs old
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing?  You may need to punt and start fresh by remving all devices in Settings, My Devices and then using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

Antiquejunkie
Initiate
Initiate
1 was removed yet cannot resync and once batteries installed shows blue. Try to readd will not show any color on camera. Other 2 removed to change bartterirs and no light on resync of 2 more now. Yet have not removed these 2 from System. The 1st one will not add back and have did this to one or so before without any problems
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you power cycled the base? When attempting to sync, are you holding the base sync button down? Don't - just briefly press it.