Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rechargeable Batteries

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
missyg55
Tutor
Tutor

how long does a charge last on a rechargeable battery

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

My cameras seem to be lasting longer on the rechargeables than they were with the single use Energizer and Panasonic batteries!! Might be because my settings are more fine tuned now to eliminate most false alerts/recordings. The rechargeables are definitely a great investment and money saver

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

little less than regular.

depends on how much you use.  i'm a very heavy user recording about 22 x 120 sec recordings so batteries last me about 3 weeks, just one or two days less than non-rechargeable.

if using about 5 x 20 sec recordings that netgear uses for their ca. 6 month benchmark, you should still get 5 months. 

Recharging the Tenergy 3.7 V take about 2 hours

steve_t
Master Master
Master

My cameras seem to be lasting longer on the rechargeables than they were with the single use Energizer and Panasonic batteries!! Might be because my settings are more fine tuned now to eliminate most false alerts/recordings. The rechargeables are definitely a great investment and money saver

Viper1308
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me and my dad's systems were both going thru the lithium 123s way too fast every month. Our cameras are in high traffic areas. After much reading and research here is what we went with and what actually works better and is already saving money.
RCR123A Battery, EASTSHINE E07 700mAh 3.7V 2.59Wh Protected 16340 Rechargeable Li-ion CR123A for Flashlight High Drain Device, and the best recharger for those is the
NITECORE New i4 2016 Intellicharger smart battery Charger for Li-ion / IMR / Ni-MH/ Ni-Cd 26650 22650 18650 18490 18350 16340 RCR123 14500 AA AAA AAAA D.
If I put 4 totally dead Eastshines in the nightcore they are at between 96 and 98% per the Arlow camera battery status in about 35 minutes.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

If you're living in canada or the usa, its probably best to buy the tenergy 3.7v since netgear has certified them for use with the arlo so if problems to cam occur due to batteries possibly less issues with tech support,  Unfortunately in most other countries hard or impossible to obtain so one has to use other brands such as Nitecore.