Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recently the whole system has become junk. Bad firmware?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dslam1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased my system on October 31.  Everything was fine until 11/28.  Since last Saturday, the system has gone down 3 times and all but one of the cameras are saying that the batteries need to be replaced.  I've ordered more batteries and have used my battery tester while i wait for them to arrive on tuesday.  All of the batteries are reporting an excellent charge.  On top of the fact that none of these issues occured until after the system went down last saturday.  I'm assuming this is just a bad firmware, but I'm about the RMA / return the whole damn system. 

Does anyone know of any current firmware issues or fixes for this.  Of course this is the worst time of the year to have the camera system go down when packages are being delivered non stop.

Details on Setup - 

Brand New Home - 2500sqft.

Base and all cameras on 1st floor. 

Max distance for furthest camera 25-35 ft

3 cameras in use all outdoors in Atlanta, GA.  ~Not horrendously cold.   In fact the day it stopped worked it was around 70 during the day and 55-60 at night. 

Firmware: 1.6.2_4344

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what to say but steps I'd try first:

1) Power down the base and back on.

2) Open and close all camera battery doors.

3) Assuming the system is at least viewable using the app or browser, check signal and battery levels.

4) Check camera firmware versions - should be 1.2.2688 (your base firmware is up to date).

5) If still not working, punt and performa a factory reset - reset button near power switch and sync button at the same time until flashing LEDs.  Re-sync cameras and set up rules and modes again.  

6) Place trouble ticket for hardware issues.  Note that support will likely have you redo the steps you've already performed.  Call support first if that's just gonna take too much time.

dslam1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I will try and do the rest part today after I install the new batteries.  I had already covered steps 1-3.  The new batteries today should confirm if something is afu with the cameras or not. 

dslam1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well i've ordered new batteries.  They lasted around a week... all with recording maybe 2-3 minutes a day if that.  Also the system has gone offline twice in the past week.  I guess there is no hope to get it back to when i first bought it ?