Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
morye
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I installed the camera, I kept the settings at default, which was at Armed mode.

I noticed camera only detects motions and sending alerts but there is no recording.

Is this known issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
morye
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I mentioned, I bought this camera recently, about a week ago, to be exact.

Are you saying the firmware that I download and installed during initial set up may not be the latest version?  That doesn't make sense to me, because why wouldn't Arlo provide the latest version of software for the first time users?  It suppose to be the easy set up, isn't it?

Anyways, I already checked under Device Info, and it indicates there is no updates available.

I resolved the issue by removing/reinstalling the camera from the set up screen.  Now it is detecting the motion and records as well.  I hope it continues to work this way without issue.  

I think there is definitely an issue with motion sensor and recording feature.  I really love this camera, as long as it delivers the features it promised to deliver.  But if it does not, I may reconsider and return the camera back to the store.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Edit the armed mode and edit the rule for the camera you're having trouble with and make sure the "record video" field is checked

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If still happening, try power cycling the base.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

morye wrote:

I noticed camera only detects motions and sending alerts but there is no recording.

Is this known issue?

No ... also if newly purchased, check for sw updates... If the sw isn't up to date, this is a common issue

Think below are the latest;

Release Notes – Arlo Wire-Free Camera v1.2.10342 – 13th December

Release Notes – Base Station FW 1.8.1.1_10234, Wire-free Camera FW 1.2.9901 28th November 2016

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-do-I-need-to-know-about-Arlo-camera-firmwa...

SW info : https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
morye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you saying the firmware that I download and installed during initial set up may not be the latest version?  That doesn't make sense to me, because why wouldn't Arlo provide the latest version of software for the first time users?  It suppose to be the easy set up, isn't it?

Anyways, I already checked under Device Info, and it indicates there is no updates available.

I resolved the issue by removing/reinstalling the camera from the set up screen.  Now it is detecting the motion and records as well.  I hope it continues to work this way without issue.  

I think there is definitely an issue with motion sensor and recording feature.  I really love this camera, as long as it delivers the features it promised to deliver.  But if it does not, I may reconsider and return the camera back to the store.

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Was just saying it's ONE of the things to check as you didn't mentioned you had updated the sw

Morse is faster than texting!