Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
LEB
Tutor
Tutor

My internet has occasional disruptions.  Arlo base station will not reconnect to router after temporary loss of signal.  First time, we reactivated and re-synced each camera.  That is difficult if using arlo for security and you are half way accross the country.  My internet signal is working fine now,  as I have other systems connected to it which all reconnected flawlessly after the net came back up.  Arlo sits there like a slug.

I use a range extender which the Arlo base station is plugged into.  Arlo help line tells me that is not a problem, but they have no solution for me.  My router is a Lynksis WRT54G and it is connected into a cable modem with good upload and download speed.  THe arlo product worked fine until the internet was disupted.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not quite sure of your issue but there's a couple of possibilities. One would be to allow Internet access to your router via password protection and/or a fixed IP address. Another would bemto create a VPN into the network. You could potentially then manipulate the network and devices as if local although anything needing physical access would obviously not be possible. Not all routers support these and there are issues that you'd have to figure out and decide if it's appropriate for your situation.

quethrosar
Guide
Guide

this happens to me all the time and i have a really good router.

asus rt-n66u

LEB
Tutor
Tutor

how do you reconnect without physically being there?  Do you use a range extender?