Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base is working, but currently won't detect for a new user

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Daveyhatton
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife and I setup our Arlo accounts a couple of days ago, with no problems detecting the base.  However, I'm trying to create a new account for my daughter, and the base can't be detected.  (It just spins on "detecting device" for about 3 min. and proceeds to the "setup device" screen)  I've tried from our phones via wi-fi and laptop hardwired into the router.  I've powered off and on, reset the base, and router as well with no luck.  Could this possibly be a problem with Arlo's network currently?  My wife and I are currently connected and the system is working just fine.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Daveyhatton,

Are you trying to set up an additional Arlo system on it's own account for your daughter or are you trying to add her as a friend to your existing Arlo setup? Each base station can be assigned only to a single account. Others may be granted access to view cameras from that base station by sending a friend request via e-mail from the primary account. Trying to add a base station that is already claimed by another account will result in what you're describing.

If you're trying to set up an entirely new system with a new base station for your daughter and seeing this behavior, try a two-button factory reset of the base station by pressing and holding the red reset button on the back along with the sync button. All LED's will flash amber and the base will power off. Allow it to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and attempt to go through the new system setup once more. Again, be sure that the device you're using to to set up the account is on the same network as the base station. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues!

JamesC

Daveyhatton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much, and I figured out what I was doing wrong (trying to reassociate the base, as you suspected), right before seeing this... 🙂 Anyway, I learned a lot more than I wanted today (deactivating base devices, reassociating accounts, etc...) 🙂