Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

Position node doesn't work:  I been reading some of the older posts about the Position mode back in May,  It seems Support replys that they have it fixed???

Well, I am new and just stated playing around with this expensive toy and I have the simalar problem that a lot of users are having, "The postion mode doesn't work."

Is it fixed or not?

First, and MOST important, please adjust your window background and text/font colors and size so I can read the screen,

History: I setup one cam and Schedule mode and things were kind of working, even the position mode.  So everything been running for three days.  Today the position mode stopped working.

What must I do, or what must you do to correct this problem which seems to has been a problem since at least May of 2015.

Thanks, Regards

jrw45

18 REPLIES 18
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wow, no reading glasses needed  🙂

But first, what system are you running on?  browser ? , etc.  More info allows for better answers.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am using PC with windows 7. Firefox Browser 39.

Another strange when in the settings screen, I get this popup message

"Invalid camera activity state change.: From fullFrameSnapshot to idle"

Also in the area of the screen where the option is for Position mode is the word (busy)

jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also, I just got a message with enties like the following, over 40 lines, I thought seeing eight would be a hint as to the clue. Because of the limit of 20,000 chars, and not being told how many I have used, I gave you this screen clip.

temp.jpg

etc, etc...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just a small possibility that has helped me, try logging out of your session (app or web browser) and then back in.

ebabb43
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am running on an Android phone. When I switch to the mode tab in the app, all I get is a spinning circle (wait). I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no change. I was trying to update the schedules when the app crashed, and now I can't restore the defaults. Also reset the base station. No luck.
Ed
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ebabb43,

Welcome to the community! You can restore the default modes by doing a single button reset of the base station by holding the red reset button on the back of the base station until all LED flash amber. Once the base station comes back online the default modes will be in place and you will then have to sync your cameras again. Let me know if you still are having issues accessing the schedule after you perform the reset.

JamesC

enviousinc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I just got three camera set, but can't get the position mode working. Read most of the posts, I know how to zoom in & out to the position I want. The cameraS just doesn't save position was set.

Anyone knows? Help..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The position test mode simply gives you a live view to help you place the camera - nothing is saved.  You can use live view to do the same thing. The zoom feature is separate and you need to ensure to use the save button to capture the setting. Note that it only provides a software (not optical) zoom so you're simply cropping the original image. It also does not affect the motion detection area.

Wotasillybilly
Aspirant
Aspirant
I now have this problem since the app update for iOS. Live view still works but I just get a white screen in the position test.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have iOS but I've seen the same thing on Android and the browser but intermittently. Sometimes it works, sometimes blank. Use live view - it does the same thing and is easier to start.

AgroCragg
Aspirant
Aspirant

White screen on my phone trying to use postion camera too.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AgroCragg,

What phone/os are you using? Are you experiencing this issue when using the live stream feature as well? 

JamesC

AgroCragg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I have an Apple 6plus, and internet explorer on my CPU. This issue is ONLY on my phone, not when live streaming on either my phone or CPU.

Appreciate any help!

AZ_Life
Star
Star
iOS bug. Same issue here
jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

I aways forget to include my OS when asking for help.

I am using a PC with windows 10.

The cameras are outside and originally timed to record motion during night.  With the new desktop I can't figure out how to change the on/off time. The cameras are recording but I don't get eMail notices... It appears the alerts are on but I am verhy confused as to how to use 'Armed'. 'Disarmed',  'Schedule', 'All Motion On' and some kind of settings labeled "PUSH" also a few others on that page, I can't recall what the labels are, The page with the label 'PUSH" seems to be hidden.  Only after a few clicks on 'SETTINGS' page does PUSH show up.  It atshually seems to move around... which is hard to both explain and understand.  Before they changed the desktop things where sort of OK.. Why did they change it.

I can't even see the bottom of some pages and I can't scroll down.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

jrw46 wrote:

I aways forget to include my OS when asking for help.

I am using a PC with windows 10.

The cameras are outside and originally timed to record motion during night.  With the new desktop I can't figure out how to change the on/off time. The cameras are recording but I don't get eMail notices... It appears the alerts are on but I am verhy confused as to how to use 'Armed'. 'Disarmed',  'Schedule', 'All Motion On' and some kind of settings labeled "PUSH" also a few others on that page, I can't recall what the labels are, The page with the label 'PUSH" seems to be hidden.  Only after a few clicks on 'SETTINGS' page does PUSH show up.  It atshually seems to move around... which is hard to both explain and understand.  Before they changed the desktop things where sort of OK.. Why did they change it.

I can't even see the bottom of some pages and I can't scroll down.

All rules and modes are in the Mode tab now.  Armed and Disarmed are simply new names for All Motion On/Off. The schedule works basically as before - you start at midnight and go to some time.  Start another (or the same) mode at a time and set a stop time no later than midnight.  You can't "wrap around" midnight.

To set/change the notifications, edit one or more of those modes and check near the bottom where you can set app and email notifications as you desire.

As for not seeing the bottom of the page and unable to scroll, that's a display issue you need to solve yourself.  The browser still scrolls like before.  Try a different browser or try using the TAB key to work your way down the page to see it all.

musictechguy
Guide
Guide

On one of my cameras I can play live video , but position mode says "unable to play. please try again".

The other cameras work fine.

What's going on?

iOS 6, iPhone 6S

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been occasional issues like that over time.  I just use Live View to position my cameras.  Yes, Position Mode should work, too, but I don't even go there anymore - too many clicks.