Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

With the new Rules settings, can I add a rule to multiple Modes?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
mixedupfiles
Follower
Follower

I understand that Rules are now nested under Modes, which is logical enough.  However, I can't seem to find a way to reuse rules that I've defined.  I know that this was possible in the previous version of the web interface (from 2-3 days ago). 

I've created a rule called, "Record East Exterior" under my "Exterior Armed" mode.  Now I want to add that same rule to my "All Armed" mode, I can't seem to find out how to do that without redefining the entire rule under another name.  Surely I'm overlooking something, right?  Can someone point me in the right direction?  For what it's worth, the current Androd App and Web Interface seem to have the same limitation.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

6 REPLIES 6
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I am having the same problem.  There appears to be no way to copy/paste rules or base a new mode on a previously saved one.  This makes it very difficult to have multiple modes with subtle differences, like disarming only the front door when you know you'll be seeing a lot of traffic there.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no way to use previous made rules ( as you use to ).

If you make a new Mode, you must make new rules for it.

Good thing is usu this has to be only done once and most don't change them again

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ArloLG
Star
Star

Netgear has made multiple negative changes to their system. My recommendation is to email customer support directly to register all of your complaints because they apparantly don't care and won't care unless enough people notify them. The community is just users like yourself who can do nothing except contact customer support. Numbers count, so contact support.

The response I have received from Support has been "sorry" with no commitment to fix or respond to anything.

lpless
Aspirant
Aspirant

essa7898
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the issue of trying to create a new mode and it will only let me use 2 cameras for the mode.  I want and need 3 of them on that mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an open ticket for that when using the Android app.  Submit your own to add emphasis.  In the meantime, I find the web interface to work fine.