Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Not everyone has an issue, just a subset. Like other hardware issues, replacements are the solution. You may not like that but that's the way it is.

The Pro cameras don't use the filter so don't have the problem.

Help all of us out by suggesting the solution for a change.
Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

Well with all due respect.  It would seem to me that if this is such an issue, then why doesn't Netgear have a trouble shooting tab that may offer solutions. From what I was reading I'm not the only one that has had this issue.  I have seen on other posts where they want to you to pay an outlandish price to send a defective item back to the factory,  (Viet-Nam)?  Any warranty shouldn't have to come out of the pocket of the consumer, especially if has been in service for less than three months.  I have a new system in my hand now. I will reinstall it this weekend, and everyone will be happy!!

dave8224
Initiate
Initiate
What is the solution, why tech support working thru private messages to fix this?
Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

I judt posted a reply not even a minute ago, that will explain my feelings.  I think this is a good product.  But I'm not overly thrilled that Netgear doesn't a trouble shooting tab that addresses potential problems the consumer can do to try and resolve the problem.  If it doesn't work, then file the claim.

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well the first thing you can do ( now that you asked) is not charge all these people $29.90 to ship you back one of several "defective" camera!
That's like adding insult to injury.
Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

I agree.....I can send a defective camera back with insurance for a whole lot less!!

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice
I guess that I was surprised just how far back the complaints began but they are still selling the same product. I bought my system 3 weeks ago. I did some research in the system in general but I didn't know about this problem until it happened to me.
I also don't get the private messaging for a solution. Tell us all! We obviously have the same problem. Ok, I'm done. Have a good evening.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The responses all say to contact support with a link to do that. JamesC has also said to PM him so he can help you through the process.  The PM is not the solution - the support contact to open a case is.  

On the desktop version of these pages, go to the bottom and click on Contact Support.  I'll save you the trouble, especially if you're using the mobile site which doesn't have the link (I've brought that up with Netgear but nothing has been added):

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

As for the troubleshooting steps, there are a bunch of FAQs and videos on the Support page.  This specific issue is not there, though, since it's a hardware issue that can only be solved with an open case and a replacement camera.

Finally, the shipping cost has also been brought up and I fully agree - it's one thing for a $20 router but is a totally different issue for more expensive equipment.  Until Netgear implements a policy change, there's no way around it.

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice
So you're saying that you have no problem continuing to sell defective cameras?? You have had this problem for a year already!
United States Postal service has shoe box size boxes that are $13.00! Any destination, any weight! Charging $29.90 to a person that is trying to return your defective camer, borders on unethical business practices! Time to start leaving negative feedback on ebay, Amazon, etc..

If I would had read about this problem, I would definitely pass on a Arlo System!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to address this with Netgear.  I'm only a user like you.  I had to pay to swap a defective camera myself.  No, I wasn't happy about it.

lyonsfoscam
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issue. Picture is now pinkish/red.
Joeker1
Tutor
Tutor
My arlo q is showing pink video
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joeker1,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Indeed.  I'm also having this issue with a 1 year old cam.  Why these BS private emails.  After 12 pages of forum posts you'd think some general comments directed to all owners/users.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Read the message above yours! A little understanding goes a long ways.
Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor
Im not sure im following you. J!!
Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I quote from the message above yours:

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

End quote

There's an embedded link for "Arlo Support Team" that you click on to get to various forms of support.  A hardware problem can only be fixed by opening a case and getting the device replaced.  There's no hidden message/agenda here - just click and start the process.

42v-669
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I correct the color of the picture.   I have the five camera system and only one of the cameras has turned red.

melliott23454 wrote:
My camera turns red. I reset and it comes back. How do I replace it thru arlo?

Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

If its under warranty. Submit a warranty claim through Netgear support.

Tessie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with one of my cameras. The image turns red since this morning. I bought the Arlo package only 3 days ago. What to do? Thanks.

Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor
Take it back where you bought it withe the receipt and get a new system. Where did you buy it from?
Jiffer
Tutor
Tutor

There is a reason why stores have 14-30 day return policies. Take it back to the store and get a new system. No sense in having to deal with RMA's and warrenty its less then a week old. 

Nytanbajare
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem! One camera sends red! Best regards Mats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nytanbajare,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC